Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 12:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
How to limit the Sims 3 FPS to any amount?
I got a new PC, so I put The Sims 3 with all EPs and SPs (except KPST, Movie, Diesel and IP) on it. But, I heard that the game has no FPS limiter, so it'll kill the GPU, which I obviously want to avoid. But, after searching everywhere, almost no options work. I tried that 3booter/FPS Limiter, searching in my AMD driver settings everywhere, using other tools, so can someone give me a working, definitive answer for an AMD card? I use a Radeon R7 iGPU, it runs the game fine, and reaches the 30FPS almost at any point in time, even 40 and 50 sometimes. I also want the game to run in a window (at a resolution of 1280x720, or 1366x768)

By the way, my AMD Radeon Software version is 17.7, the Radeon Settings version is 2018.03.03.2240, and the system I'm using is Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit.

EDIT: I want an answer that can be done with Intel PCs too since I'll soon migrate to a similar laptop, hardware-wise.

Always mark an answer as helpful, if it helped you out, so people won't need to create another thread on the same topic.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 7:05 PM Last edited by igazor : 11th Dec 2018 at 9:06 PM.
But if you really want an fps limiter, although I agree that it shouldn't really be necessary for an R7 as it's not strong enough to throw frame rates high enough to cause concern, many find that RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS) does a fine job on both AMD and Nvidia cards when it's needed. It's what I use for my dedicated AMD Radeon card as for me the built-in AMD tools do nothing helpful in that regard.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 3:44 PM
still - personally even if not needed I'd prefer constant stable fps than spikes, so I keep mine on 30.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"