Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 6:54 AM Last edited by faerytech : 24th Nov 2018 at 11:50 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default Newbie Using CAW/Crashes/Can't export
CAW crashes whenever I try to edit in game. Possible cause: I have sims on steam. I transferred the codes to origin and installed so I could use CAW.
Is there any way to prevent the tiny map from being so dark and weird looking around the outside?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:54 PM
Patch 1.69 Broke Create a World Tool Beta - info here :
https://simsvip.com/2016/01/06/sims...te-a-world-fix/

Also - if you have a lot of custom/store content you can try running CAW without those folders. ( would be your mods folder and DCCache folders, but look that up before taking my world for it, k? ) Just take them out and put them on your desk-top or where you can find them easily. I tried that and CAW didn't crash anymore while using EIG. Then put the folders back when done. I'm lazy tho...and just edit my lots after I export the world.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 2:34 PM
Caw is temperamental at best. I have read some posts about Steam. 1.69 was an Origin update, so it doesn't apply to Steam. You should then run 1.67.

In the caw forum under create ts3, are several threads on issues on caw. You should look through the stickies at least. If you search for Steam in that forum as well, you should get some good suggestions.