Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:35 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 15th Dec 2018 at 9:44 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default unrecognized pack [fixed for now]
game no longer recognizes Bon Voyage. that icon in the launcher is grayed out; also neighborhood view's vacation button.

awhile ago, most of Bon Voyage's files/folders were missing. ran Bon Voyage's installer and afterward re-patched Bon Voyage. the files are now there.

recently ran a registry cleaner.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:53 AM
Did you run the registry cleaner before or after your issues began? It's not clear from the post.

In all honesty, I recommend not bothering with registry cleaners. (There's rare exceptions, such as when you need a fresh configuration of a program, but they can usually be handled by using something like Geek Uninstaller when uninstalling them.) While they had their place in older versions of Windows, from XP up the registry is robust enough to not need frequent cleaning. And even if you remove a few thousand crud keys (and that's unlikely), there's millions of keys in there. It wouldn't make much of a difference.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:55 AM
Are you on XP still or is your hard drive very full? My daughter was unable to properly install any more EP's on XP due to the hard drive. Because she was on XP and an older machine the newer programs were taking up too much room for it. If you are on XP and it's your main computer I would say you need a new computer with a newer Windows version. That or keep it just for sims 2.

I disagree with registry keys. My brand new windows 7 computer had to have all sims 2 files removed from the registry keys. For whatever reason, my game would not simply uninstall normally. I do agree with not using some general 'cleaner' though, gosh no. I did mine by hand with help manually removing all the stuck sims 2 files. It was rather nerve-wracking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:00 AM
That's one of those rare cases that I mentioned. Sometimes a program can get partially uninstalled but leave enough behind to cause issues with reinstalling. Geek Uninstaller has a force removal that usually cleans it up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Did you run the registry cleaner before or after your issues began? It's not clear from the post.
kind of both. most recent was today.

by the way, it was one I downloaded. Auslogics.

edit:: free space on the hard drive is currently about 388GB; capacity is about 465GB.
still using XP.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:42 PM
sorry if I am double posting.
game now recognizes Bon Voyage.

not entirely sure what fixed it or when it was fixed. first noticed it last night.
I suspect AnyGameStarter might have been at least part of the problem.
had a Bon Voyage only AnyGame when I ran its installer also when I re-patched.
in the days after previous post changed that AnyGame several times; to non-Bon-Voyage pack combinations.