Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:24 AM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 3rd Sep 2009 at 1:11 AM.
Default Necessitorial - Basements and all their goodies!
Basements, their goodies, the ickies, the clutter...the garage...the car...yadda yadda
No, seriously...there is no tutorial on basic basements yet.

So, recently, there has been a huge influx of really really simple questions
being asked by new comers to the game. For the time being, we will call
them noobs. This mini series of tutorials are all simply written, easy to
follow, clearly numbered and illustrated for all to understand who care to
learn these techniques. Thanks for reading this far and without any more
delay, lets begin!

A VERY simple thing to learn is how to make basements. For all of you guys
who think this is pointless, you had to learn it at some point too. If you are
one of the people who protest as say "I learned it my self" have a cookie or
something. Anyway, basements allow sims underground access and give
more space to put that clutter you bring home from work and what not.

There are THREE separate tutorials included. "Creating a basement" is
used in all three, to give you a head up. Each is clearly marked, to assure
no confusion. As an added precaution, I included downloadable files. These
are set up even easier than the post. If the set up gives you any trouble,
just grab what you need and have at it! Good luck guys!

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Making a basement.zip (1,013.2 KB, 815 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Making a basement with walls that allow objects.zip (1.98 MB, 913 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Images with "A" attached to the end of the name are specifically for this tutorial
File Type: zip  Making a walk-out basement.zip (4.41 MB, 1140 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Images with "B" attached to the end of the name are specifically for this tutorial

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
87 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM
Really? There were -no- tutorials on this! I did one on multilevel basements but I guess I didn't realise there were non on ordinary ones :P

This will help out a lot of people

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:49 AM
... Wasn't this one of the first TS2 tutorials?

Still, thanks Q! Needed this, lol.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:00 PM
Nope! No tutorial as of yet XD

Thanks guys for the comment, and I changed the name BACK to "Necessitorial" because I have a fear of people who don't get the joke getting angry with me. Better safe than sorry

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Typical
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:02 PM
He, Q. Thanks... AND COME ON!!! Change it back too n00batorial (or whatever it was called ) If someone doesn't get the joke, they really do deserve to be known as a n00b
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:05 PM
hmm, I also think noobatorial is funny, but thats cos I'm not a noob. Necessitorial is just as cool a name, and less likely to turn off the people it is aimed at.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 12:03 AM
I'd just like to add that

1. you can place wall hangings and other stuff just fine on a foundation wall with moveobjects on (just like in ts2, and yes there are plenty of tutorials already)

2. unlike in ts2, foundation walls will *not* drop in walls-down mode. So for a basement that is actually playable (as opposed to just a garage or storage space), I'd construct all of the inside walls from regular walls. Then you'll also have realistic (as far as the in-game "realism" goes anyway) lighting in the basement.

Also woth noting, probably, is that stairs in ts3 are not stackable – basements are often the first time that people run into more-than-one-story stairs.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:37 AM
hahaha i was suppose to say that no need to bother deleting the foundation and putting walls just to place wall furnitures, i was about to say just use the "moveobjects on" and yeah i did learn this on my own, now where's my cookie^^

Challenge breeds Excellence
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 1:09 AM
/me gives a cookie to Severe_009

Happy? Thanks for the comments guys, I will update the first post with that info :D

Theorist
#10 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 3:58 PM
Great tutorial though you can just use Move objects to put stuff on foundation walls.....

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 10:03 PM
I know this is basically a dead thread but I'd like to comment that the way I enable wall hanging objects is to simply build the walls before the foundation. Then as long as I begin adding foundation from ground level(not basement) the foundation will simply snap to the wall. The foundation wall will be on the outside and the regular wall will be on the inside. No cheats needed. You probably know this by now though...
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 5:46 PM
Though I've played this Sims series since #1, I've just started to build houses(at least trying) and had come across a house that had a basement in it(Frugal and Fabulous). Love this tutorial as I couldn't create basements and didn't know how to get staircase in. Thanks alot fir this tutorial. Now I'm going basement diggin'