Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:59 PM
Default Animated/Gif painting recolour?
So... I don't know if this has been asked before (I did do some searches but I always end up with poseboxes in form of a painting, but that's not what I mean). There is this maxis painting that looks almost like a gif (I barely ever used it, but I'm sure it's there), it's showing a moving waterfall I think? However, I'd really like to recolour that, but I have no clue how. Do I need a gif? Can I do it with the normal SimPE wizard to recolour it or do I have to clone/recolour it in SimPE and replace the textures in the package file?
And how would I do it? I mean, would I have to just create a gif for it or does maxis use single frames for it?
Also if someone knows what that painting is called, that'd be very helpful too I'd start up my game to look it up, but first, I'd only have the german translated name and second it takes like 40 minutes to even get past the start up screen for me (due to loads of CC in my game and barely sufficient disk space) and I'd really like to get the painting done before, since I want to make it part of a painting collection I want to upload here along with some previously made painting and for convenience I'd just really like to take all screenshots in one go...

I apologise in advance for every stupid question I'll ask. Actually sharing my creations instead of just making them for my own game is a whole new area for me ^.^
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:29 AM
Creating an Animation Cell Re-Color. It is done with frames that are combined into a single texture.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...