Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:20 AM
Default Invisible subset recolour - how to?
Hello fellow simmers!

I got a bit stuck while trying to recolour this object (for personal picture-taking purposes) - I need to make the frame invisible. Importing a clear *.png instead of the frame texture didn't help, it still showed up as floodfill silvery white in game. Should I poke at some other resources (like, Material Definition) to make the frame completely invisible? I'm a n00b at object recolouring, so I'd really appreciate help.

Attached you will find the file I messed with in SimPE and a picture of the resulting look in-game (both "activated" and "deactivated"). My apologies for lame pics, I just quickly fired up my test hood to see how it worked out.

Thank you for your attention!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  portal.zip (484.8 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SummerGlau
Hello fellow simmers!

I got a bit stuck while trying to recolour this object (for personal picture-taking purposes) - I need to make the frame invisible. Importing a clear *.png instead of the frame texture didn't help, it still showed up as floodfill silvery white in game. Should I poke at some other resources (like, Material Definition) to make the frame completely invisible? I'm a n00b at object recolouring, so I'd really appreciate help.

Attached you will find the file I messed with in SimPE and a picture of the resulting look in-game (both "activated" and "deactivated"). My apologies for lame pics, I just quickly fired up my test hood to see how it worked out.

Thank you for your attention!

Hi Summer,

You may want to PM Michelle for help, she does invisible subset recolors all the time for screenshot purposes.

I hope you get a response from someone soon.

Debra
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 9:44 AM Last edited by SummerGlau : 19th Mar 2017 at 9:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
In the TXMT change the Select stdMatAlphaTestEnabled to 1 for true.

Picture here: https://hugelunatic.com/?p=82

Thank you very much! ^_^ It worked. I might try to poke further to see whether I can remove the shadow for a better portal impression, but the frame is "gone", I needed that first and foremost.

UPD: I've tried a tip from this thread but it didn't work - the shadow is still present.
Screenshots