Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:10 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 3rd Jan 2019 at 10:27 AM.
Default Can you create a mesh/morph with No BGEOs but 12 GEOMs? (SOLVED)
I tried to make a frankenmesh content using a mesh from a Store-item. However when I opened it up in S3PE I discovered it didn't have any BGEOs but rather 12 GEOMs, the four basic forms (normal, fat, fit, thin) each in the 3 Lods. I was quite intimidated by this, but is it still possible to work with this? Is there some way to generate a BGEO based on 4 GEOMs? And can I just jam those bgeos into the S3PE to give it the morphs?

I might have to mention that I can only import the base-meshes in Milkshape, once it is there (And hasn't been altered in any way) I can import the other forms of the mesh.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 1:56 AM
It should be possible to convert the morph GEOMs from the Store item iinto BGEOs with MeshToolKit.
Select the Morph Tools tab then "Make Clothing/Hair BGEO"

For each BGEO you assign a name
e.g. amTopCasualShirtBaseball_fat
then select the morph GEOM for each LOD
then click "Make BGEO"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peter9g
It should be possible to convert the morph GEOMs from the Store item iinto BGEOs with MeshToolKit.
Select the Morph Tools tab then "Make Clothing/Hair BGEO"

For each BGEO you assign a name
e.g. amTopCasualShirtBaseball_fat
then select the morph GEOM for each LOD
then click "Make BGEO"

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that's the solution I ended with. But then I'm unsure how to import it into S3PE. There are no BGEOs in the original file to 'replace' with those generated by MeshToolkit, and I don't know how you add new components in S3PE, but I do know it has to be done, because without the BGEOs, the mesh can't morph at all in TSRW.

I can begin to edit things like texture, bumpmap and yada yada yada, but getting the morphs to work is the final missing element.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Archyperion
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that's the solution I ended with. But then I'm unsure how to import it into S3PE. There are no BGEOs in the original file to 'replace' with those generated by MeshToolkit, and I don't know how you add new components in S3PE, but I do know it has to be done, because without the BGEOs, the mesh can't morph at all in TSRW.

I can begin to edit things like texture, bumpmap and yada yada yada, but getting the morphs to work is the final missing element.

You can import the new BGEO from MeshToolKit (.blendgeom or .bgeo) into S3PE using the menu command
Resource > Import > from File...

But if the original file didn't have any BGEOs the mesh still won't morph until the file is set up to recognize them.
This is done in the BBLN resources, but your file probably has "version 7" BBLNs, the version that references a morph specific VPXY which identifies the morph GEOMs to use.

You will need a set of "version 8" BBLNs to use the new BGEOs.

So...
Replace the old BBLNs in your file with a set from a file that already uses BGEOs -- these will already be the right version.
Rename the new BBLNs so they will work in your file
Edit the BGEO reference for each BBLN in "Grid" view.
-- You need to copy the resource key for your new BGEO and paste it into the "BlendGeometry" resource key field.
Save

Hope this helps

Peter
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:25 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 19th Dec 2018 at 12:37 PM.
You can import the new BGEO from MeshToolKit (.blendgeom or .bgeo) into S3PE using the menu command
Resource > Import > from File...

But if the original file didn't have any BGEOs the mesh still won't morph until the file is set up to recognize them.
This is done in the BBLN resources, but your file probably has "version 7" BBLNs, the version that references a morph specific VPXY which identifies the morph GEOMs to use.

You will need a set of "version 8" BBLNs to use the new BGEOs.

So...
Replace the old BBLNs in your file with a set from a file that already uses BGEOs -- these will already be the right version.
Rename the new BBLNs so they will work in your file
Edit the BGEO reference for each BBLN in "Grid" view.
-- You need to copy the resource key for your new BGEO and paste it into the "BlendGeometry" resource key field.
Save

Hope this helps

Peter

Ah I see, should be possible to do. I have followed the first 3 steps. I have replaced and renamed the variables in the BBLN, so now they should be fine. So how do I add the three BGEOs to the set? Is it really just Add and Insert? I'm not sure what you mean by " -- You need to copy the resource key for your new BGEO and paste it into the "BlendGeometry" resource key field." could you specify it?
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 2:42 AM
Ah I see, should be possible to do. I have followed the first 3 steps. I have replaced and renamed the variables in the BBLN, so now they should be fine. So how do I add the three BGEOs to the set? Is it really just Add and Insert? I'm not sure what you mean by " -- You need to copy the resource key for your new BGEO and paste it into the "BlendGeometry" resource key field." could you specify it?

How to add the three BGEOs:
I find it easiest to import them using the "Resource > Import > From file..." menu command. You can import all three at once, and you don't to use the "Resource > Add..." command which will just create a blank resource with no data.

Copying the Resource Key:
For each BGEO you can copy the resource key with the pop-up menu that shows up when you have a resource selected in the main S3PE window.
Taking as an example the "ambodyApron_fit" BGEO, the resource key we copy is
0x067CAA11-0x00000000-0x67CCE21B938E1E51
If we now look at the "ambodyApron_fit" BBLN in Grid view we see that this is the resource key entry to the right of "BlendGeometry"
So this is fine if we are really looking at the "amBodyApron" file.

If, however, we are looking at a new file, and we just used the "ambodyApron_fit" BBLN as a source for a version 8 BBLN, the resource key entry 0x067CAA11-0x00000000-0x67CCE21B938E1E51 will need to be changed to the entry for the BGEO we intend to use in the new file.

I have uploaded an image of the Data Grid window to make things a bit clearer.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 20th Dec 2018 at 9:29 PM.
How to add the three BGEOs:
I find it easiest to import them using the "Resource > Import > From file..." menu command. You can import all three at once, and you don't to use the "Resource > Add..." command which will just create a blank resource with no data.

Copying the Resource Key:
For each BGEO you can copy the resource key with the pop-up menu that shows up when you have a resource selected in the main S3PE window.
Taking as an example the "ambodyApron_fit" BGEO, the resource key we copy is
0x067CAA11-0x00000000-0x67CCE21B938E1E51
If we now look at the "ambodyApron_fit" BBLN in Grid view we see that this is the resource key entry to the right of "BlendGeometry"
So this is fine if we are really looking at the "amBodyApron" file.

If, however, we are looking at a new file, and we just used the "ambodyApron_fit" BBLN as a source for a version 8 BBLN, the resource key entry 0x067CAA11-0x00000000-0x67CCE21B938E1E51 will need to be changed to the entry for the BGEO we intend to use in the new file.

I have uploaded an image of the Data Grid window to make things a bit clearer.

I'm not quite sure if I did it right, maybe I should have uploaded some screenshots, so you could explain it better. The morphs 'work' at least the lod2 and lod3 looks right, but lod1 still becomes oddly distorted, although I have checked and rechecked all the files used to generate it (Well... okay I can't deny that there might be a problem with the morph although I think everything should be in order).

This is what I did. Maybe this will help you explaining it to me.

- I took BBLN files from amBodyEP2FireFighterLite (picked it randomly, just wanted to make certain that it was full body and age groups match. Don't know if it matters)
- Replaced the project's BBLN with the Firefighter BBLN and renamed the PartName in the DataGrid to match the project name.
- Uploaded by Resource... Import... From File... My BGEOs (One at a time, otherwise it wouldn't upload)
- Assigned the Type, Group and Instance values matching those from the Firefighter BBLN (And named them accordingly).
- Saved and exported.

Have I done it correctly?

Three attached screenshots (1. the warped morph of lod1, 2. the original file (Version 7), 3. the edited file with BGEOs and new BBLNs (Version 8)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 3:16 AM
Three attached screenshots (1. the warped morph of lod1, 2. the original file (Version 7), 3. the edited file with BGEOs and new BBLNs (Version 8)

The new BBLNs look fine, but the lod1 mesh is definitely wonky.

It seems like it has separate top and bottom parts, and the top has a fat morph but the bottom doesn't (among other problems).
Maybe something went wrong with the vertex numbering when you combined the parts.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 21st Dec 2018 at 10:54 PM.
The new BBLNs look fine, but the lod1 mesh is definitely wonky.

It seems like it has separate top and bottom parts, and the top has a fat morph but the bottom doesn't (among other problems).
Maybe something went wrong with the vertex numbering when you combined the parts.

Thanks for your help. It's good to know that I am on the right track. Guess I'll have to find out what is wrong with the lod1 morph and fix it somehow. Maybe it's because of trying to combine two top meshes with a full body mesh.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 2:20 AM
Thanks for your help. It's good to know that I am on the right track. Guess I'll have to find out what is wrong with the lod1 morph and fix it somehow. Maybe it's because of trying to combine two top meshes with a full body mesh.

I hope you get the morph sorted out - I'm interested to see the finished product.

Peter
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 6:20 PM
I hope you get the morph sorted out - I'm interested to see the finished product.

Peter

I managed to get it done. I had to make a few changes, and then there was yuletide and new years to delay things a bit. But yeah here's the result - A hooded coat - Organization XIII style. There are a few bugs, that i doubt can be fixed, but overall a pretty satisfying result
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:31 AM
I managed to get it done. I had to make a few changes, and then there was yuletide and new years to delay things a bit. But yeah here's the result - A hooded coat - Organization XIII style. There are a few bugs, that i doubt can be fixed, but overall a pretty satisfying result

Congratulations! Your hooded coat looks great.

Peter