Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Variable Emotional Traits

by roBurky Posted 16th Sep 2017 at 4:04 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2021 at 3:25 PM by roBurky : v1.0.0 released

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AithneS
It's working! Thank you so much!

Edit: I just realised that now the stronger emotional moodlets (+2 or +3) make my sims 'very <insert emotion>' instead of just angry, sad etc. It doesn't happen with non-trait-related moodlets. Ex. I just had a mother who had +2 angry moodlet from annoying conversation plus +1 from uncomfortable overhaul (it's working fine after all, sorry! Apparently I missed the May update) and she was simply 'angry', but her daughter had only a +2 angry moodlet (from being hot-headed) and was 'very angry'. I guess it's also connected to the mod somehow?

Is the daughter who became 'very angry' from a +2 moodlet a teen? All teens get the strength of their negative emotional moodlets multiplied by 1.5. This is a a base game feature, not from any mod, and means they not only tip over into negative emotions easier, but they become 'very' emotional from just +2 instead of +3.
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
Is the daughter who became 'very angry' from a +2 moodlet a teen? All teens get the strength of their negative emotional moodlets multiplied by 1.5. This is a a base game feature, not from any mod, and means they not only tip over into negative emotions easier, but they become 'very' emotional from just +2 instead of +3.

Oh, I see! She's a teen indeed. Wow, so much simming and I've never noticed it works this way for them :o Thank you!
Scholar
#53 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:34 AM Last edited by aparkison : 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
Thanks for the report. 0.6.2 just uploaded. I think I got it all this time.
Could you try it for me and confirm you get no lastexception?

I'm just now seeing this - sorry! I will try it and let you know!

ETA: It seems to be okay now!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:21 PM
So I'm guessing this isn't compatible with True Happiness due to its changes to the happy moodlet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pancakesandwich
So I'm guessing this isn't compatible with True Happiness due to its changes to the happy moodlet?

Variable Emotional Traits is absolutely compatible with True Happiness!
I do scripting magic to alter or replace moodlets without overriding the originals, so that my mods won't conflict with other mods and are less likely to break after game patches.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:45 PM
The mod is now compatible with The Sims 4 1.47 / The Get Famous patch.

v1.0.0 Changelog:
- Python 3.3 (for The Sims 4 1.46) and Python 3.7 (for The Sims 4 1.47+) script files included.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:31 PM
Yees I'm so happy that it's already updated! You are really awesome, and so fast at updating your amazing mods! Thank you so much!<33
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 2:28 PM
My mod Meaningful Stories is now available! It is made up of the best of all of my work redesigning the emotions of The Sims over the past two years, including Variable Emotional Traits. If you've been enjoying this mod, I recommend you try out Meaningful Stories!

Quote:
Meaningful Stories is a mod pack that redesigns the mood and emotions system of The Sims 4. This collection of changes big and small aims to allow your sims to feel more human, to make the events in their lives feel more meaningful, and to turn managing their lives into a more interesting challenge.

Your sim might get into a depressive rut for days that takes planning and effort and some help from their friends to overcome. Or your sim's creative nature might be filling them with inspiration when they ought to be focused instead, so you send them to work on their novel to get the ideas out of their head. But then something special happens, like a new friend, a promotion, or a first kiss, and they feel truly happy for once, in a way they never have before.
Page 3 of 3