Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 6:51 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 29th Dec 2017 at 7:03 AM.
Default I need help with a mod I'm making. *Experts on Pie Menus come here please*
Hi Everyone, I'm in the process of making my 2nd mod and this time it's to do with Sim Pie Menus.

However, the Check Sim Out interaction doesn't seem to be in the English.txt I extracted from the TTA PersonGlobals (0x7F01EC29 in the M&GStuff objects.package), and although I've changed Tell a Story from Talk to another category, it doesn't move. I believe this also happens with things like talk about hobby, major etc. If I get these things fixed I'll upload it as a very early version.

If anyone can help me with these things, you'll get acknowledged in the Additional Credits section, even though I am a rather small modder, you will be recognised.
Thanks!
BkajnlConcepts
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:50 PM
Check Sim Out is 'Scope Room', number 0x0144 on the sim pie menu. If the selected sim is not self then line 0x01 of 'Interaction - Scope Room TEST' uses an action string to change the option to 'Flirt.../Check Sim Out'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Check Sim Out is 'Scope Room', number 0x0144 on the sim pie menu. If the selected sim is not self then line 0x01 of 'Interaction - Scope Room TEST' uses an action string to change the option to 'Flirt.../Check Sim Out'
''

Thanks for the reply, I've found the BHAV you are talking about, now I just need to change the string. I, can't seem to find out how. Could you give me some help here please?
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:30 PM
Extract the BHAV and put it into it's own package if you haven't already done so. Select line 0x01 (which becomes line 0x12 if you 'sort' them) open the 'Pop-up Wizard' for it and change the 'scope' (top button) from Private to SemiGlobal. The BHAV and action stings are Semi Globals and that will enable SimPE to display the string so you can see what's going on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 1:47 AM
Extract the BHAV and put it into it's own package if you haven't already done so. Select line 0x01 (which becomes line 0x12 if you 'sort' them) open the 'Pop-up Wizard' for it and change the 'scope' (top button) from Private to SemiGlobal. The BHAV and action stings are Semi Globals and that will enable SimPE to display the string so you can see what's going on.

I've got to the pop up wizard now, but when changing to SemiGlobal it will give me ~ 40 - 45 different options, but no choice of my own. If you can help me, that'd be great. It's just a shame for me that we seem to be on the opposite side of the world because I get delayed a day waiting for an answer. But thank you for all help you have gave me.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:50 PM
Firstly, if you make a mod that alters either the sim pie menu or the action strings it will be incompatible with a lot of existing mods and be very EP specific. It'd be better and far safer to make a social plugin to add to the sim pie menu if that suits what you want to achieve.

The place to look/edit is in the SemiGlobal action stings from the same group (0x7F01EC29) as the pie menu, Text List instance 0x0000012E.

The pie menu is from the person SemiGlobals, all normal sims use that pie menu and the actions strings come from the person SemiGlobals as well. Sims don't have real private action strings (just 0 and 1 which aren't used) and you can't really add them safely. Sims don't use any of the BHAVs, constants, texts etc. from their own character file but get them from the sim template (Group 0x7FEDFE16) which allows basegame characters to operate perfectly when run in any EP/SP. If you override anything in the sim template the game is likely to start generating sims in two parts something like 'N001_User00089.package' and 'N001_User00089.1.package', which is awful and very difficult to undo.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:55 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:08 AM.
Firstly, if you make a mod that alters either the sim pie menu or the action strings it will be incompatible with a lot of existing mods and be very EP specific. It'd be better and far safer to make a social plugin to add to the sim pie menu if that suits what you want to achieve.

The place to look/edit is in the SemiGlobal action stings from the same group (0x7F01EC29) as the pie menu, Text List instance 0x0000012E.

The pie menu is from the person SemiGlobals, all normal sims use that pie menu and the actions strings come from the person SemiGlobals as well. Sims don't have real private action strings (just 0 and 1 which aren't used) and you can't really add them safely. Sims don't use any of the BHAVs, constants, texts etc. from their own character file but get them from the sim template (Group 0x7FEDFE16) which allows basegame characters to operate perfectly when run in any EP/SP. If you override anything in the sim template the game is likely to start generating sims in two parts something like 'N001_User00089.package' and 'N001_User00089.1.package', which is awful and very difficult to undo.

Well, I'm not editing anything to do with the sim template, so that shouldn't make any fragmenting character files. I'm only editing the 0x7F01EC29 group which is the Scope Room - TEST BHAV and the same grouped TTA. And all the TTAs are is just strings of text. I'll come back to you on the EP Specific thing later. The incompatibility of other mods I would only think is if a mod added a new "Hug" interaction for example, but because "Hug" is now a different category it would re add the "Hug" category. This I would have to point out and do some research, but I'm going to release this thing as a test until it is done, once I fix this hiccup.

Can I please have some detailed instructions on how to change the Flirt.../Check Sim Out interaction string name? All of what you have been saying to me about how to change it is flying by my head.
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:10 PM
The Text name is 'MakeActionString prim string set", group 0x7F01EC29, instance 0x0000012E. Line 0x009D (157) contains the string to change.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 2:18 AM
The Text name is 'MakeActionString prim string set", group 0x7F01EC29, instance 0x0000012E. Line 0x009D (157) contains the string to change.

Thanks for your help Chris! I've finally managed to change it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:42 AM
Alright... I'm back here again. Before I ask for help again Chris Hatch, thank you so much for all the help you have given. I really appreciate it. I must of started work on this in June 2017, but I lost progress after I had to reset my PC with no backups. I have started it again now, of course. Here is a link in case you want to see what I'm doing for yourself: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605535

Now, the question.
If you still seem to be around, I've gone and nearly finished the mod for Pets and up (Below seems to be a bit... iffy) but there are a few interactions that won't change such as "Talk about Hobby" and "Tell a Story," I think this happens with "Talk about Major" too. Tell a Story now seems to be it's own menu (Or it always was, I never had an EP higher then Pets myself on Disc before I got UC, I never had Uni either.) even though I put it the Friendly category (You get to know what I'm doing now.) It also seems to be that Talk about Hobby stays in Talk.../ even though I changed the Category. I actually searched myself this time, seeing as Group 0x7F01EC29 seems to be everything to do with Sim Interactions and I found nothing.
just a girl
#11 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:55 AM
If you don't mind me barging in.
Some interactions are not in person's globals or may have multiple strings scattered across the game internals. If you don't see them where they're supposed to be or you do, but your edits don't show up in game, it usually means that some object/controller/whatever gets evoked and performs "add/change action string" using its own set of strings. The strings you gonna have to find and change. Person's globals is not the only place to look. Make use of Simantics Resource Finder and PJSE's GUIDs index.
Scholar
#12 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:56 PM
The Talk About Hobby is pie menu string 0x0215 in the person globals. The test that it runs (Social - Talk - Tell About Hobby - TEST) calls the 'Social - Talk - Tell About Hobby' (Group 0x7FAE47C3) and runs the op-code 'CT - Build Menu' from it. Just as Lamare suggested the action stings come from there, you will find there is several other menu options that use a similar technique.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:41 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 17th Jan 2018 at 3:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
If you don't mind me barging in.
Some interactions are not in person's globals or may have multiple strings scattered across the game internals. If you don't see them where they're supposed to be or you do, but your edits don't show up in game, it usually means that some object/controller/whatever gets evoked and performs "add/change action string" using its own set of strings. The strings you gonna have to find and change. Person's globals is not the only place to look. Make use of Simantics Resource Finder and PJSE's GUIDs index.

No, not at all! Thank you for all that help (One Answer) back in Jun. 2017 that got me started.

And thank you Chirs as well. I'll check this out.

EDIT: Alright, after going through around 30 minutes of sorting through all the action strings in the game I have finished the mod. It is currently in the moderation queue and should go live soon. That is, if I don't have to fix anything. May I request a lock, moderators?