Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:16 AM
Default Buy a Christmas Gift for Girlfriend
Christmas is coming.
If you have a girlfriend, a very beautiful, very slim, often do housework for you.
What kind of gift are you going to give her?

Please tell me your answer?

Picture Credit: NicePNG
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edulofter
Christmas is coming.
What kind of gift are you going to give her?

Get cleaning, sweetheart!

Seriously, what year is the OP in???
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:56 AM
^ simsample, if you want a very unhappy Christmas (probably all the way until Easter or beyond), go for it.
^ Chax, thumbs up!
^ edulofter, maybe actually butt in and offer to do some housework once in a while? Lifting your feet off the floor when she's hoovering doesn't count.

Speaking from the girl's perspective, unless I reeeeeally wanted cleaning equipment (never have, most likely never will) for Christmas, nearly anything but cleaning equipment would be nice. Can't speak for other women, but I'd rather get a good book or something else that corresponded to my personal interests.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Nov 2018 at 2:59 PM.
Buying things like scales, too small clothes, a perfume she hates, jewelry she doesn't like, etc. can also be bad. Also, don't get her things you secretly want for yourself, because that's bound to go wrong. If it's a gift that clearly says "I don't know you at all" then maaaybe leave it be and pick something else. Or perhaps just ask her what she wants/likes. It's not that hard

(well, I guess some girls have that annoying subtle hinting flaw that makes them think everyone understands cryptic messaging, so for all those girls out there - just say it straight, alright? Makes things a whole lot easier for everyone, not just men who don't have a clue what their girl wants to be gifted for Christmas and birthdays.)

Remember, not even Santa is fault-free, but perhaps this one is the worst: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrazoIu42Kc (like he says, a wish list would've made things easier, Mrs. Claus )
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 2:49 AM
Lol at everyone getting triggered. They said 'often do cleaning'. Perhaps that was mutually and happily agreed upon just like in my marriage. Even then, 'often' does not mean 'all' and the only people bringing up cleaning products are the responders in this thread (surprised at you simsample for being this judgemental). They certainly didn't. Could it be this person mentioned they 'often do cleaning' to show that he appreciates and acknowledges their partners efforts in their agreed upon roles? Nah, it's gotta be that this person is regressive because we in 2018 have everything 'woke' and right in the world.

Given how short and vague the OP is, it's quite mind boggling how quickly everyone has started virtue signalling. You don't know this person, their relationship, their circumstances, or even what they meant exactly by 'often do cleaning'. You don't have the moral high ground, you're jumping to conclusions based on one sentence and that's ridiculous.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:13 AM
^ Maybe not everything is said in complete seriousness, you know
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 1st Dec 2018 at 3:40 AM.
Sure, sure, none of you are triggered at all.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 7:53 AM
Holy cow. All this over the OP mentioning the word girlfriend and cleaning in the same sentence? This arrangement works for some couples and not others. Why is that so bad (ASSUMING the OP even means what everyone has extrapolated it to mean)? You've all gone and jumped on your moral high horses because apparently we should all be exactly the same and someone dared to speak a little differently to what the idealistic world in your head is.

And instead of just owning up to the fact you jumped to conclusions, you're all just going to double down and pretend you weren't serious.

Only thing I'm defending here is our human right to reasonable expression without getting our heads bitten off for it. This is just like the poor soul who dared to ask if any Christians resided on the forum. A perfectly harmless question, turned sour for no good reason at all.