Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:53 AM
Default An odd interaction
I was playing Vladislaus Straud, who was in a small restaurant with a friend. Suddenly, a sim at another table did a really weird thing, where he suddenly made everybody think of Vlad and dislike him. These are sims who I've never met before and didn't have any friendship/hate with previously. Is this an alien interaction I haven't heard about, or what happened?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:05 AM
I'm pretty sure people don't like him because he's a vampire, my sims have had similar reactions to him.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:08 AM
One of Vlad's vampire weaknesses is "Uncontrollable Hissing", which randomly causes him to lose relationship with everyone in the area.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 8:45 AM
A bit mean. I thought EA were trying to set an example of diversity tolerance.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:39 AM
When were sims never intolerant for supernatural? They feared them

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
When were sims never intolerant for supernatural? They feared them

I would love to see sim fear ghost in sims 4.
+1 tense for seeing a ghost while +3 for desperate for fun. Are you kidding me? I mean I would pee myself if I have ever seen a floating furniture in my house.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 5:01 PM
In TS2, pretty much any sim apart from those with Knowledge aspiration feared of becoming/encountering one. Magority Sims felt similiar negative emotion or repulsion with moodlets, and there's been a Supenatural Skeptic trait. Sims being intolerant to supernaturals isn't nothing new.

#9 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Why? Because they donated a million dollars to three "charities" dedicated to snowflakes? Clearly you haven't been paying attention to their other ventures. When did political censorship and white discrimination become synonymous with tolerance and diversity? Man, this generation is deluded.

Lol sorry perhaps I should have made it more obvious that was meant to be a joke

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 8:58 AM
Oh dear I guess you have issues I didn't understand. I really need to remember not to joke on public forums in case it offends someone...

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
the joke equivalent of a sugar-free cake...

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I really need to remember not to joke on public forums in case it offends someone...

dodgy builder
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
In TS2, pretty much any sim apart from those with Knowledge aspiration feared of becoming/encountering one. Magority Sims felt similiar negative emotion or repulsion with moodlets, and there's been a Supenatural Skeptic trait. Sims being intolerant to supernaturals isn't nothing new.

Not being English myself, I thought I would make you aware of one little detail in your language. You have a tendency for double negativs. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I guess you mean "Sims have been intolerant to supernatural all the time" or something similar. In that case you should say something like: "Sims being intolerant to supernaturals is nothing new" or "Sims being intolerant to supernatural isn't new".

Is not or isn't means no basically, or is negativ. Nothing is also negativ. So you end up with isn't (negative) nothing (negativ) equals positiv ... kind of. In chemistry or math it would mean you really think the opposite, that "Sims being intolerant to supernaturals are new" basically.

Just saying
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:59 PM
You're making a joke out of yourself, Unsearchably. I don't want to fight, but this kind of attitude of yours isn't welcome. I don't want to call a moderator on you, but If you continue I might need to report you for bad behavior. We shouldn't judge someone for having a different sense of humor and one that's lack of comprehending a harmless joke.

#17 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 8:54 AM
Well at the very least I think my post has probably alleviated someone's boredom and given them the chance to stretch their verbal/typographical legs, so it wasn't a complete waste of space. I'm not too fussed about gender pronouns either, so that's not a problem.

dodgy builder
#18 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 9:44 AM
I've seen several people having problems with jokes on this site, and it's usually to do with cultural differences or someone's having a hard time. So how do you feel unsearchable? ... and this is not meant to offend you, just a general concern for your wellbeing.

When that's been said, Inge's jokes can be hard to understand if you're not used to her. I have the same kind of humor, and is quite used to offend people because they can't read between the lines. It's nothing to worry about. People are different and the subtle understated lines often requires some deep thinking and personal experience.
#19 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 10:43 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 4th Dec 2018 at 1:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
When that's been said, Inge's jokes can be hard to understand if you're not used to her..

I know that myself, that's why I realised I needed to add a post to say it was a joke. If unsearchable finds that a handy hook to vent some spleen, then that's fine I guess. No harm done.

Later: Oh they've blocked me. Can no longer see the posts.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 8:44 AM
They got deleted probably. Unless... *conspirancy theory* we're the ones bad for compiling with the rules