Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:48 PM
Default Sims 3 Custom Content You Always Wanted
Recently, I started thinking and what I really miss in Sims 3. Maybe some of these items exist but I have not found them and maybe some of these items have never been made for the Sims 3.

Working Single over double bunk bed
Working Single Murphy Wall Bed (Match Murphy Double Wall Bed in game)
Working Murphy Desk

What have you always wanted?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:53 PM
I don't really look for very specific stuff, I look for the more generic sort of things I can use many times. Televisions, modern doors and windows, long hairstyles, women's pants, dining chairs. Doesn't really matter as long as it's Maxis Match-esque and generally modern-looking. I don't like classic designs; I especially don't like overly realistic-looking assets.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#3 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:08 PM
I would love if double beds could be placed against the wall on one usable side, and have sims climb over the edge to get in (though I assume the different bed frame designs would pose a problem for animations - maybe why EA scrapped the idea, if they ever considered it?)

And maybe even have them climb over the other side of the bed if the foot of the bed is occupied. Imagine having to climb over a sim

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I don't really look for very specific stuff, I look for the more generic sort of things I can use many times. Televisions, modern doors and windows, long hairstyles, women's pants, dining chairs. Doesn't really matter as long as it's Maxis Match-esque and generally modern-looking. I don't like classic designs; I especially don't like overly realistic-looking assets.

Are you still working on your 80's Sims 3 series? I have to admit that I hadn't watched a video of it yet.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:44 PM
A playable bassoon, oboe, and saxophone (this actually happened, thanks to Arsil, although sadly that mod seems to have been abandoned which makes me very, very, very sad) and/or any other woodwind/brass instrument. Naturally that tops my list, since EA is too lame to make woodwind/brass instruments themselves.

Also, related to most wanted mods topic, I want:
- Bushes/shrubs that lose their leaves (or turn brown) and flowers for late autumn and winter.
- Flowering plants (not just bushes/shrubs, but, you know, the flower plants) that wilt for the late autumn and winter.
- Grasses (like the ranch weeds in-game) that turn brown for the late autumn and winter.
- Trees that blossom for the Spring and turn to leaves for the summer.

Additionally... I'd really like to see a line of trees and other plants that are modeled fully in 3D, but fit the more realistic style and wind of The Sims 3. This should be completely possible to do. ATS3 converted The Sims 4's 3D trees and plants to The Sims 3, while still having the wind motion to them (they aren't seasonal, but I'm sure that is possible to do). The problem is TS4's trees don't fit TS3 at all. Some of the flowers I find fine, but those trees, they're oversaturated, cartoony, and their leaves are too big. However, to give an example of what I'm thinking of, there is a modder that created some more realistic trees for The Sims 4, and they are along the lines of what I'd want for The Sims 3.

The non-3Dness of the trees and plants in The Sims 3 just drives me crazy. I can't lie.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:52 PM
More alien themed stuff! I loved all the cute alien and space things in Sims 2. And I love dark grunge, so a nitty gritty city world has always been on my wishlist (bonus points if its a futuristic/alien world, too). All the ones Ive tried I haven't kept for one reason or another. ;c
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:35 PM
Floor seats and floor beds mod that fixes the funky animation
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Are you still working on your 80's Sims 3 series? I have to admit that I hadn't watched a video of it yet.

Not as much as I'd like but yeah, the idea is an episode every other month. I have one full episode up on YouTube now; I'll let you decide whether it's any good or not, but I'm not wholly satisfied with it and intend to improve my subsequent episodes. Matter of fact is, I tend to rush things and that often leaves a lot to be desired in terms of commentary, pacing and cinematography. Of course I'm always looking for new assets for it. Especially in terms of vehicles and hairstyles.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
#9 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:55 PM
-More unisex clothing and snazzy/cute stuff for men. Most of the snazzy stuff is more on the high class end, and almost all the cute stuff is for boys rather than grown men.

-Custom canes, walkers, and use of both for all ages (well, child and up). As someone in their 30s who occasionally uses a walker for an eye problem, it'd be nice to have something along those lines. Having hunched over old people being the only ones who can use those is a bit ridiculous.

-HUGE fish tanks. Like, taking up the entire wall. I imagine programming the feeding would be hard but still.

-More radio and TV stations. I have the custom news and animation channels but that's about it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 1:28 AM
I really really like statues. I could always use more.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 8:08 AM
I always wanted to hav ea buy mode overhaul with the items being much cheaper because EA's pricing alway pushed the starter home prices up so high that none of the sims starting out could ever afford them.It also caused a shortage of affordable starter homes in any of the towns in general.I've currently been working on filling this wish since it's one thing I can do.I've got quite a few clined items that got repriced very cheap.
Scholar
#13 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm curious as to why it matters b/c it was made in 1.67, I assume still works?

That's not the problem. The thing is that the mod was a work in progress. The animations are very basic with no finger movement, for example. The instruments added in that mod are not programmed as full instruments, as well. They are seen as invisible skills, can only play short pieces for a limited time, etc. More instruments were also planned, including the oboe.

Now, I know what I said above sounded negative, but I don't really mean it that way. I was so grateful to see the mod, you have no idea, and am overwhelmingly happy to have it at all. However, sadly it was stopped while being a work-in-progress.

It is the only time I've ever seen anyone try to mod playable woodwind/brass instruments, or any unique, new playable instruments that aren't just reskins of existing ones. I'm afraid it won't happen again.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I would love if double beds could be placed against the wall on one usable side, and have sims climb over the edge to get in (though I assume the different bed frame designs would pose a problem for animations - maybe why EA scrapped the idea, if they ever considered it?)

And maybe even have them climb over the other side of the bed if the foot of the bed is occupied. Imagine having to climb over a sim

Madaya 74 over at TSR in 2011 created a Caravan Set with a double bed against a wall and two sims can use the bed. I put a single bunk over that to create a single over double bunk bed look without using the top bunk. I was playing around with the set before my computer broke to see what was possible and how it would look if I tried to use the top bunk. Right now, I am looking for a curved ladder to make it look more complete.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 4:24 PM
What happened to Arsil anyway? I'm not a very big fan of modders who come and go willy nilly.....if you're serious about modding a game, either you stick with it or you give others the means to continue your efforts. Some people believe modders and devs don't owe anyone anything, but it's not that simple. If you're a creator and if people commit to your creations in any way, you can't and shouldn't leave them hanging.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#16 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:22 PM
On the topic of the instruments mod, I installed it and now the violin skill has disappeared. Could this be related?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:47 PM
What happened to Arsil anyway? I'm not a very big fan of modders who come and go willy nilly.....if you're serious about modding a game, either you stick with it or you give others the means to continue your efforts. Some people believe modders and devs don't owe anyone anything, but it's not that simple. If you're a creator and if people commit to your creations in any way, you can't and shouldn't leave them hanging.

I've been wondering the same thing about icarus. He was churning out mod after mod for a while, but hasn't been around for like a year or so. I swear, his mods fix/add so many little things I could never play without them again. Especially Transmogrifier.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#18 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 8:49 PM

I don't know that I can agree. Modders here are just doing it for fun, they're not making products that I have to pay for. I will complain about EA's developers giving us the short end of the stick, but that's because they are making a product that I have to pay for. There is nothing a modder "owes" me in the slightest. I'm not giving them anything for the service.

I am not mad at Arsil for stopping the project, and I hope I didn't come off that way at all. I know I pointed out some negatives about the mod, but it wasn't meant to devalue the mod in any way, shape or form - only to show that it is incomplete. Even if I had pitched in a recording or two to help get music files for the oboe, I would still be only sad, not mad. I can't imagine how extensive, complex, and time-consuming the project of creating a completely new instrument is. I was so bad in my high school coding classes. I may have very specific hopes for custom content and mods to be created, but I don't feel entitled to them, and understand when things don't work out or take a very long time.

Besides, there is a technical topic for the Musical Instruments mod. Some aspects - such as the model of the alto saxophone - were created and provided by another contributor. The mod may still be open to be continued by someone else. But I don't know anything about how any of that works, so...

Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil

I've been thinking that exact same thing. If I could animate, I'd do a ridiculous front flip or leap into bed from the foot of the bed to bypass most bed frames. (Jumping into bed---but literally!) If EA did that, it would prevent sims from clipping into the frame... it's a shame they didn't.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:25 AM
- The craft stations from Sims 2 Open for Business and Freetime. Some do have equivalents on TS3, but I miss the flower arranging station tremendously.

- Really poofy skirts and more longcoats. I do realize it's a limitation of TS3 UV mapping, though, and I do have the All About Style Rococo skirt. But I got admit I feel a bit envious of all the voluminous CAS stuff for TS4.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 4:38 AM
Just thought of something-- a double bed that looks like a pull-out couch. Where else are the long distance visitors supposed to stay?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 5:40 AM
I'd like to see some curly hair textures, and much much more historical stuff from like Napoleonic era (there was someone working on stuff, but they never finished it), more tack for the horses, and some short hairstyles that look good on men AND women.

What I'd really like to see is more unisex stuff. I know there are mods for some of it, but I have friends all over the gender spectrum and it's hard for them to make themselves in their games.

Infinitely more ethnic stuff too. There needs to be a whole lot more of that.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
University comes with something close to that, it is a folding bed that folds up against the wall.

Haha I know that. I didn't mean as a functional item, I just meant to look like a pull out couch for aesthetic purposes. The murphy bed looks like a murphy bed, which would look out of place in a living room.
Alchemist
#25 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
Just thought of something-- a double bed that looks like a pull-out couch. Where else are the long distance visitors supposed to stay?

I don't know about yours, but mine have been assigned the coveted Outdoor Couch. In autumn.

Quote: Originally posted by Oesau13
What I'd really like to see is more unisex stuff. I know there are mods for some of it, but I have friends all over the gender spectrum and it's hard for them to make themselves in their games.

I'm really envious of TS4 players for the gender patch they got, being able to use clothes for both genders so easily With TS3 everything needs to be adjusted/remeshed.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Page 1 of 2