Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2018 at 12:53 PM
Default exported textures
Sometimes while recoloring I noticed the following problem.
When I export a texture of an oriinal Maxis object and import it in another package its quality is in game not so good as the original textur.
This is especially noticeable when I choose not the best texture quality in game.
In SimPE I used "Build DXT" and "Update all Sizes".
I also tried to use the textures from for example C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Die Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Objects07.package,
because they seems to be better, but I'm not sure. But this solves not the problem. Am I doing something wrong?
Double the size of the texture helps, but is there a better way to preserve the quality of the original texture?

Thanks for help
Gabi
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:48 PM
One thing that helps me is to export the higher resolution LIFO (_0 version) instead of the TXTR. For lower resolutions, you can use it for scaling in your graphics program.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:08 PM
I think your first sentence I understand, because I did so already. But I don't know, if I understand the second right. You mean, I should not use "Update all Sizes", but import all sizes separately?
Instructor
#4 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:32 PM
I just meant that if you want a 256X256 .png, and the the LIFO is 104x1024, then use GIMP (or Photoshop, or MSPaint, etc.) to scale the LIFO to the smaller resolution before importing into SimPE.

Regarding "update all sizes":
You don't need to do that if you use "Build DXT" - because "Build DXT" automatically updates the sizes. The "update all sizes" is only needed when using "Import", like with shadow textures.