Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:49 AM
Default Troubleshooting black screen without cursor
Hei

I bought ssd and hdd, 2 more 16 more ram and a better fan, for my selfbuild computer. When I start it up again I get a black screen without curser. It doesn't seem to load the startup screen at all.

1. I took out the new ram sticks and tried again. Didn't work.
2. Went over all the wires. It looks good. Still wont work.
3. The lamp on the motherboard is working.
4. The monitor light is working and it loads the Predator screen, but then turns black.

What more can I do to find the problem?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:35 AM
Silly question, but is there an operating system installed on the SSD or HDD?

Or is there a BIOS you can access?

I'm wondering if the computer is accessing the correct drive that has the operating system installed.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:13 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 16th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Silly question, but is there an operating system installed on the SSD or HDD?

Or is there a BIOS you can access?

I'm wondering if the computer is accessing the correct drive that has the operating system installed.

There was already 2 drives on it before I installed the new ones, and they are still there. They have all the things needed on them.
I have tried to access BIOS by pressing del, but nothing happens.

I can try detaching them to test.

I forgot mentioning the new fan sits on the cpu and is a watercooler.

Edit: I tested each new part separately and no setup worked. I just wheeled the comp to the shop, and let them test the rig.