Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ModernLine Windows Set

by hudy777DeSign Posted 12th Mar 2010 at 11:49 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2012 at 6:28 PM by hudy777DeSign

172 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 4:53 PM
when will you update .sims3pack files?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 8:38 AM
they are updated and availabe on my site, .sims3pack can't be published on site any more, new policy

you can get to my site by clicking here

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Test Subject
#103 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 4:15 AM
Hey there, I'm having a little problem. When I place the windows on the wall they aren't transparent. Can you me help out? I feel like an idiot asking this lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 9:14 AM
All of you who have problems with windows take time and read this
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3352801

Test Subject
#105 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:22 AM Last edited by GroovyGran : 28th Feb 2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Items Found
Do these windows need updating for Late Night, as they don't work properly either in downloaded houses or self made?
This is driving me mad, as there is nothing else remotely good enough

Regards, Gran

PS Found the link to your other site now hudy. it only showed up after I posted, Thanks
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 10:11 AM
i can't see my windows' glass.I can only see its wooden panes...
Theorist
#107 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 8:21 PM
hudy777DeSign, I noticed the downloads on your site are about one day newer than the ones here. I have replaced them but am experiencing some CTD's, is the triangular window safe to put in?

Have they ALL been fixed?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:20 AM
Thx for fix, love those windows.
Test Subject
#109 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ca5566
i can't see my windows' glass.I can only see its wooden panes...

I have the same problem !
What should we do ?
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator THANKS POST
#110 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:34 PM
This is a wonderful set that you have given us. Thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:32 PM
Hi Hudy have you fixed on your Homepage the Sims3pack Windows to?

Greetings

Harald
#112 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:07 AM
Just perfect, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:59 PM
First of all, thanks Hudy for a great upload! Thanks!

Got a problem though that I hope someone got an answer to;
When I try to place three windows above eachother, on the same tile and same level, I use "moveobjects on". But the windows just becomes wall and all that is left is the frame. Now this I am used to, it´s just to grab it again and it will become normal.
The problem is that it can only be done if there is only one window in that very tile. When I try it with three windows above eachothers, the remaining two gets "walled" ending up in a "catch-22" moment...

I´ve looked in the other thread mentioned above but couldn´t find my anser there. Looked in youtube and google but without luck...

So, how do I place three windows on the same tile and level and still get all three to work properly?

Regards // Sierra

EDIT: I´m talking about the "1/3 high - 1/3 middle - 1/3 low" modular windows...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 7:47 AM
I was excited about these windows. Tried them out just now. Some of them work fine but others are covered by wall. I think we'd all love an update to these windows! I'd use them all the time.

Thanks for everything you do. You guys who make mods are awesome!
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
Sierra, just delete the wall and hopefully all the windows will disappear, then rebuild the wall and add windows the way you want.

Also, I forgot how finicky this game is, with windows. I'm not downloading ANY, until a few more people reply that everything works for them okay. In every thread, for every window. Which is a shame, because the creators work so hard on their items and then the object need updating with each new expansion pack. It's a wonder anybody makes any windows at all!

Okay, how long before I get desperate and download them anyway? must resist...

Windows should probably go in their own folder, so I can find them easily in order to remove them if anything goes wrong...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#116 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 9:06 PM
LOL Come to find out, I have no will power. Please don't hate me, not only is this game finicky with build-mode-windows, my computer tends to explode on a regular basis.

But, it seems to be doing a LOT better with MicroSoft Seven...
Field Researcher
#117 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 7:48 AM
I checked all windows/doors after the 1.17 patch SNAFU and when I recently installed Generations, I've been going through them again. I found a problem with these windows, as well as another set by someone else, but I've only gotten about a third the way through! I built a wall and placed the windows on them, side-by-side. Seemed like after placing about 5 or so windows, the next window I placed made the entire wall disappear. Some peculiarities...

-Tried placing a Modern Line window that hadn't caused a problem when I placed it earlier and it also made the wall disappear
- Tried placing a window by another creator....some of them didn't make the wall disappear and some did. I've no idea what this is about.
-Same thing happened with doors. Placing some doors with the multiple Modern Line windows made the wall disappear and some doors didn't.

Since I love these windows and you were one of the first to actually fix them after the 1.17 patch, I would place money that I've used these sometime between the 1.17 patch and 1.24. I can't help but wonder if something has changed again. I noticed the post by Sierra and wonder if these two issues are related.

I can probably work around this by carefully placing the windows and doors but I thought you should know that something is wonky with them.

Thanks for a lovely set of windows... :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:22 AM
Thank you sooooo much I was looking for something like this!
#119 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 1:49 PM
they go through the wall, as if they were placed with moveobjects on.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:06 AM
Much thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 3:55 PM
It looks great but there seems to be an issue with the wall masks on most windows
It's like a window border with wall inside it
Scholar
THANKS POST
#122 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 10:27 AM
Lovely Xd

Thank You +)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#123 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:35 PM Last edited by hudy777DeSign : 13th Jan 2012 at 6:13 PM.
I see that many people here have problems with windows, sorry for late reply but i didn't pay much attentions to this download since windows i my game work great. I have latest patch installed and i use windows in "fix.rar" archive in download tab. I'll see what i can do to fix them.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 10:35 AM
Hi hudy,

I think people are overlooking the "FIX.rar" ( I know I was). As soon as I downloaded and replaced the original files with the FIX.rar all of the windows started functioning as before (no problems) and I am using your windows with Pets.

Thanks for the awesome creations!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#125 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 7:37 PM
You have opened new ways to build modern homes with your sets.
Unfortunately, I have the problem that the transparent part, the glass, disappears on the walls when I place the full heigh windows. Will it be fixed with your update?
Thank you!
Page 5 of 7