Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

by Consort Posted 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:53 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM by Consort

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Instructor
#101 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 7:55 PM
If I want to uninstall this mod, do I have to go into each and every saved game and use the cleanup option?? Or can I just delete my cache files? I have a lot of old saves...

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 6:12 PM
This is so cool! I'm going to have to download it soon!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#103 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
If I want to uninstall this mod, do I have to go into each and every saved game and use the cleanup option?? Or can I just delete my cache files? I have a lot of old saves...

Yes.

You can also keep the mod installed and turn it off for every game you reload and play... as you go.

Cache files are not related because voodoo

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 10:43 PM
wow this is really awesome! thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 6:46 PM
thanks this is nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 9:35 PM
id love to see you update this for children-teen-YA transitions
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#107 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fargosis16
id love to see you update this for children-teen-YA transitions

You mean something like this? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=490536

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 10:22 PM
Fantastic
Instructor
THANKS POST
#109 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 10:17 AM
This is freakin' fantastic. Can't believe I've only just discovered its existence. Thanks, Consort!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 2:38 AM
This is fantastic! I don't have TS3 but EA should offer you a job or something, you just fixed a pretty big oversight in their aging process. I thought it couldn't be done but wow!
Field Researcher
#111 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 2:47 PM
I have both these mods: Nraas Errortrap and Overwatch ,it seems like this wunderfull mod is not Compatible whit these mods?
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
I have no plans for ageing adults. You say it right.. any changes would be very subtile. I wouldn't even know what to do to them

I think it's perfect the way it is, to keep young adults looking the same throughout that stage.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#113 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiny0190
I have both these mods: Nraas Errortrap and Overwatch ,it seems like this wunderfull mod is not Compatible whit these mods?

To my knowledge the mod is comaptible to the entire Nraas suite

Test Subject
#114 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 7:52 PM
Hmm... this is a pretty good mod.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 3:41 PM
Default compatible
To my knowledge the mod is comaptible to the entire Nraas suite

So sorry Consort! i did something wrong ! Your mod works fine Thank you..
Forum Resident
#116 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 2:46 AM
My game crashes when I have this mod in. It worked fine before I patched to 1.67. Is there any chance this will be updated for 1.67?

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by traelia
My game crashes when I have this mod in. It worked fine before I patched to 1.67. Is there any chance this will be updated for 1.67?

It's 1.67 compatible

Test Subject
#118 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:39 AM
I'm having trouble activating the mod, For some reason I can't start it, I know it's installed… Just when I do
CTRL + SHIFT + C
and type in, "age"

Nothing happens! Please help!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#119 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lordme221
I'm having trouble activating the mod, For some reason I can't start it, I know it's installed… Just when I do
CTRL + SHIFT + C
and type in, "age"

Nothing happens! Please help!

No cheat is required to activate the mod (that was Grow)

Just let the game run for a couple of sim minutes, find yourself an adult or elder, click that sim and you should see the "ConsortAge" submenu.

Lab Assistant
#120 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:21 AM
...Er... Sorry?..Consort.. May I ask you somethings..

- Can I dye their hair to other color without Modifying their hair genetics...

For example.. Gunther Goth : Sims 3 - Red Hair / Sims 1 Partly Black Hair / Sims 2 (Genetic for Red Hair...)

- Also.. is there any version that doesn't add the spot on your sims face (Primary because i want my sims face to look a little bit younger.../but i want their hair to be with.. age?? )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#121 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leksense
...Er... Sorry?..Consort.. May I ask you somethings..

- Can I dye their hair to other color without Modifying their hair genetics...

For example.. Gunther Goth : Sims 3 - Red Hair / Sims 1 Partly Black Hair / Sims 2 (Genetic for Red Hair...)

- Also.. is there any version that doesn't add the spot on your sims face (Primary because i want my sims face to look a little bit younger.../but i want their hair to be with.. age?? )

1) I'm not aware of a way to really dye a sims hair and keep the genetic color in game. It can be done in code but using cas or a mirror to change hair seems to overwrite those values.

2) I clicked a tuning file that shows no liver spots.
download this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...eTuning.package
and put it in your mod folder. Liver spots should disappear after the next nighly updates or if you turn off and on the mod for an elder.

What I changed in the XML: I copied the kAMWeathering1 value to kEWeathering2. Age weathering stage 2 (liver spots) is now the mildest male weathering. Doing it is quicker than explaining

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 1:22 PM
1) I'm not aware of a way to really dye a sims hair and keep the genetic color in game. It can be done in code but using cas or a mirror to change hair seems to overwrite those values.

2) I clicked a tuning file that shows no liver spots.
download this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...eTuning.package
and put it in your mod folder. Liver spots should disappear after the next nighly updates or if you turn off and on the mod for an elder.

What I changed in the XML: I copied the kAMWeathering1 value to kEWeathering2. Age weathering stage 2 (liver spots) is now the mildest male weathering. Doing it is quicker than explaining

THANKS!! ^^...

also... last thing..

" I'm not aware of a way to really dye a sims hair and keep the genetic color in game. It can be done in code but using cas or a mirror to change hair seems to overwrite those values. "

then how to edit these code.. because.. i can only edit xml... other than that... i don't know anything...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:42 PM
When I first tried your Mod I was apprehensive, I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I tried it anyway. My Sim is an adult male and I didn't want him to lose his good looks but this Mod has gradually added a realistic aging process. So far it looks very natural and he's still very handsome. Thank you for making this Mod!!! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#124 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leksense
THANKS!! ^^...

also... last thing..

" I'm not aware of a way to really dye a sims hair and keep the genetic color in game. It can be done in code but using cas or a mirror to change hair seems to overwrite those values. "

then how to edit these code.. because.. i can only edit xml... other than that... i don't know anything...

I think it can only be done with script programming. XML editing will not help.
This mod sort of gets away with the issues because the it keeps a copy of the original hair color and writes it back every night and also writes the dyed part of the hair grey (or grey-ing rather). It's not 100% safe, you still can get babies with grey hair if you take a Sim to CAS just before his/her baby is born.
It's also difficult to deal with colors for the user-end since the user interfaces of the game are difficult to mod. I just dont know how to make a color picker appear, let alone the hair dialog thingy.

Lab Assistant
#125 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:52 AM
I think it can only be done with script programming. XML editing will not help.
This mod sort of gets away with the issues because the it keeps a copy of the original hair color and writes it back every night and also writes the dyed part of the hair grey (or grey-ing rather). It's not 100% safe, you still can get babies with grey hair if you take a Sim to CAS just before his/her baby is born.
It's also difficult to deal with colors for the user-end since the user interfaces of the game are difficult to mod. I just dont know how to make a color picker appear, let alone the hair dialog thingy.

thanks.. ^^..
Page 5 of 8