Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

by Consort Posted 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:53 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2014 at 2:56 AM by Consort

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 7:34 PM
How does this mod (and the growth mod) work if one is using a custom age span? I play my game on epic, with Adults having 240 days, and Elders having 80. Would the effects still be daily, or would it only change after a certain percentage of time?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 12:46 AM
@Rosebud1773
It's particularly weird that this seems to be some glitch in the EA user interface caused by age groups the mod doesnt even modify. I'm currently in the process of double cheking all of my code for performance improvement and possible glitches. 1.2 will be out soon.
I have most of the Nraas mods and all of mine in my game. I cant see anything in your list that would strike me as incompatible.

@lkandak
Disabling Ageing should not be a problem.

The mod should work fine with all sorts of age manipulation except ageing a Sim down to YA or younger while the mod is switched on for the Sim. The "age fix" cheat should be able to repair such cases hopefully

@RoXy
Yea. Both mods adapt to any custom age span but updates are always daily. So basically: Everything should work fine for you but you are wasting some CPU power for changes so tiny you won't notice.
I'll keep this in mind for future versions of the mods. Thanks for the suggestion.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Rosebud1773 : 6th Jan 2014 at 1:27 AM.

I think I've found the glitch trigger! Death to the Imaginary Friend! No more red block, no more unclickable sims and no more relationship panel with only two sims listed. The red block disappeared as soon as I pulled the IF out of the sim's inventory and turned it loose, the pie menus also returned to the active sim and he became self-clickable again. Soooo...I killed the IF off for good measure....lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 3:51 AM
Can't wait to try this! Thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#55 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 8:53 AM
I said it before and I'll say again. you're amazing. Kanye west has got nothing on you You make the "impossible" possible. Brilliant.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 3:11 AM
Version 1.2 is up
Changes are documented in the description (at the very top)

I re-read my code and did lots of very small changes. If something doesn't work that worked before, pls let me know.

I noticed that the nightly updates spend some time updating new found sims who might not be around for long. I decided to not update them. This might affect you if you are travelling. When arriving at the destination just klick "Enable Mod for All Sims" to force a refresh.

I hope you like my color tweaks. Everything looks a bit smoother to me now.

Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:02 AM
Hi Consort. The mod works great in my game now, thanks for fixing the issue with the outfits. I haven't tried 1.2 yet, but the changes seem great.

For people playing on long and epic life-spans, I also noticed that updating daily uses lots of CPU for changes that aren't noticeable. Would it be possible to add to the tuning file an entry where advanced users could choose how often (in sim-hours or sim-days) the mod refreshes? On epic lifespan, instead of updating every day at 1am, the mod could for example update every Sunday at 1am, or every 3 days, etc... This could be useful for the "grow" mod (that I find particularly wonderful, btw) also. I don't know if it's feasible, and that would only be useful for those able to modify the tuning file... but... just an idea that crossed my mind

Also, I can't seem to figure this one out: Beside the price, is there a difference between cheap and expensive dye? (quality? wear-off time?)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:22 PM
@Datch
I'll put the idea on my list and think of a way to implement that. Not sure how I'm gonna do it yet

Cheap dye is always a random bit discolored and only affects scalp hair. Expensive dye works on all hairs (scalp, beard, eyebrows, body) and the color is exactly the genetic haircolor.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
I think I've found the glitch trigger! Death to the Imaginary Friend! No more red block, no more unclickable sims and no more relationship panel with only two sims listed. The red block disappeared as soon as I pulled the IF out of the sim's inventory and turned it loose, the pie menus also returned to the active sim and he became self-clickable again. Soooo...I killed the IF off for good measure....lol.

Ah, thats interesting to know.
Unfortunately I don't have the Generations EP so I can't really investigate this myself.
Version 1.2 has stronger gating (also against the Imaginary Friend), let's hope this avoids this problem.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Ah, thats interesting to know.
Unfortunately I don't have the Generations EP so I can't really investigate this myself.
Version 1.2 has stronger gating (also against the Imaginary Friend), let's hope this avoids this problem.

The imaginary friend has been a throne in the sides of modders since Gen was first launched. It isn't an occult life state and it's not technically a sim either so it's coding is pretty well screwy to begin with. I've run into several mods that don't handle the IF. Since you don't have Generations, that's the ticket right there for sure. So basically anyone with Gen who wants this mod is going to need to get rid of their IF asap to avoid the issues I've had. It's safe to keep the doll until the night before your teen becomes a young adult, but after that ditch the annoyance or it will break your entire town until it dies.

On a side note, Grow does not seem to work with Gen at all, the pie menu doesn't even show up. We all love your mods. Generations is worth it if you decide to grab it... :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 9:21 AM
I am really enjoying this mod! It adds so much depth and realism to the game I never realized was missing until using your mods. This in combination with your other mods makes the game so much more dynamic. I can't go back to the vanilla game :D

BTW I have generations and grow, and the grow menu shows up fine for me. I don't have any imaginary friends, though. Try first turning on grow for everyone and then find your imaginary friends and turn grow for them off manually.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daciasil
I am really enjoying this mod! It adds so much depth and realism to the game I never realized was missing until using your mods. This in combination with your other mods makes the game so much more dynamic. I can't go back to the vanilla game :D

BTW I have generations and grow, and the grow menu shows up fine for me. I don't have any imaginary friends, though. Try first turning on grow for everyone and then find your imaginary friends and turn grow for them off manually.

Well, I would try that, but Grow doesn't show up anywhere, not on sims and not on City Hall. I'll keep fiddling with it to see if I can find a configuration of the current files that works.

Never mind, now I feel like a noob...lol.. I think I just figured out why it wasn't showing up.
Test Subject
#63 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 5:49 PM
Thanks so much for this download, Consort. It looks really cool so I went ahead and got Grow at the same time. I'm pretty sure Age works in-game (I haven't played long enough to see if my sims are getting older) but when I start playing, the tab in the upper right hand corner says something about activating the mod, which I wasn't expecting. Do you know what that means? Also, you said, "Every adult and elder has a ConsortAge sim-menu where you can activate the mod." When I click on my sims, I don't see the sim-menu.

It could definitely be a problem with my game or computer (I have about fifty thousand mods already so, who knows) but I wanted to know if there was anything you could explain. Sorry If I'm being a bother - thanks again for the mod and I can't wait to try it out!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 7:56 PM
@Weiblaboso
-Make sure the game has been running for a bit and not in pause mode. Age and Grow switch on in the first tick after loading
-Grow (unlike Age) needs to be unlocked via cheat code (its in the documentation)
-Are you sure you clicked on a proper adult or elder resident of your town?

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 5:51 PM
Hi Consort if I download the updated mod, do I have to uninstall the previous one before putting it in the Mods folder ?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
Hi Consort if I download the updated mod, do I have to uninstall the previous one before putting it in the Mods folder ?

Just overwriting the old .package with the new one should do.

Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 2:40 AM
Default Working?
Okay so I enabled to mod for all Sims in town, yet after ageing up my elder never refreshed to go through the ageing process. Anyone else have that issue or know what might cause it?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Illassala
Okay so I enabled to mod for all Sims in town, yet after ageing up my elder never refreshed to go through the ageing process. Anyone else have that issue or know what might cause it?

Not 100% sure what problem you're describing here. "ageing up my elder" makes me scratch my head a bit.
Did your adult have a birthday and something borked up? Or did you force age up your adult?

In any case I suggest to just keep playing for at least 24 sim-hours to allow things to settle, but have game save files to fall back to if it doesnt.

Test Subject
#69 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Not 100% sure what problem you're describing here. "ageing up my elder" makes me scratch my head a bit.
Did your adult have a birthday and something borked up? Or did you force age up your adult?

In any case I suggest to just keep playing for at least 24 sim-hours to allow things to settle, but have game save files to fall back to if it doesnt.

Yes, I aged up an adult to an elder using the birthday cake. Waiting didn't help any. He stayed an EA default elder until the day he died! There were no adverse effects (IE no stuck or invisible Sims) I simply didn't see the changes the mod makes. I will try with a different sim and see what happens.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Illassala
Yes, I aged up an adult to an elder using the birthday cake. Waiting didn't help any. He stayed an EA default elder until the day he died! There were no adverse effects (IE no stuck or invisible Sims) I simply didn't see the changes the mod makes. I will try with a different sim and see what happens.

Thanks for the report. I'll try to do the same thing.

Just in case you have a savegame with the not-updating elder: Could you load it and click ConsortAge/Info? I'd like to know if the mod is acive for the sim and if the last update timestamp makes sense.

THANKS POST
#71 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:12 PM
Thank you for making my game more realistic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 1:38 AM
I've played with this in for a couple of sim weeks now and it's just great, thank you! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:45 PM
Realism :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 5:14 PM
This is an AMAZING idea! I love it!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:25 PM
This is amazing! Woah; wish aging was like this for all ages in the game
Page 3 of 8