Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:17 AM
Default Things that might need to be modded...
Hi there.
I have nearly no experience in modding save changing some lines to put a smal mod into a big one, that happend to be conflicting and changing the money you get from jobs, since my sims got rich to darn fast. But this was more than a year ago.

I refound my page with mod-wishes and thought: why not ask.

A) is there a page, where I can ask modders if they would be interested to do that mod?
B) Where to ask, how to make that mods myself (yeah lots to learn), if noone wants to do it?

For this ideas for mods... Sure I need to ask the original modders, if their mods are free for some changes, for those ideas, that include an allready existing mod:

Prism attelier Glasblowery: Items actually use cristall-dust, cut or uncut jewells, metallbars in your inventory.

Several mods for food: even if you make a six person dish, they only use ingredients for a 1 Person meal - I don't like that, so make them use the surposed to be amount of ingredients.

Illnesses - I would like to have illnesses, that take a few days and can be made better and shorter by selfmade teas, sleeping in bed, selfmade medicine. Illnesses, that can return, get worse and turn into a different kind of desease, if the sim doesn't take care - like a cold can turn into a lunginfection. for the Selfmade teas/medizin: there are a LOT of herbs, fruit and so on with all Foodmods so on - so one can think of lots of things and create to one hearts content. Perhabs due to that one can play a healer and heal non-active sims - make house-calls and so on. - Yeah my thought behind that: Medieval world.

Smoking Sims - I just think that mod is fantastic! but it doesn't fit my medieval city. I need errr... a tabaco-bag and a pipe instead of a cigarette packet and a cigarette.

Phone - Perhabs one can change that into a medieval thingy? Like a Pigeonry with a guruguru for a phone-ring? Not very clever but better than nothing. I actually saw some pigeonry somewhere for sims3 about a year ago...

Medieval university campus - oh god I want one... something not to big, like a medieval building with rooms for each campusbuilding. Something that I can fit nicely into my medieval country Praaven

Medieval Bathingsuite... maybe just naked?

That would be my Dreamlist of mods. Sure, lots to do, if I end up having to do them myself. But just dreaming is just not my thing... If I manage to get Sims3 to work again (haven't played a year and had to change my graphic-card - no idea, if it works with sims3), I want to realize those dreams. Perhabs someone can help me with this.

If those mods actually already exist somewhere (I was gone for over a year, so they might) tell me tell me tell me

Thanks for reading.
Lil' ol' me dreaming...
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:18 PM
For disease: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Vector
If you have Ambitions and an active sim who is level 3 or higher in the medical profession they can heal non-active sims. Creating medicine from herbs or plants would have to be a role-play method, though.

I think there may already be a mod to change "Make Group Meal" to use more ingredients. It might also be possible to use Retuner (Again from NRAAS) to fix it if you can't find the mod. (I actually like having a single sim able to make enough food for a week with just one apple, so I can't tell you where the mod to change it would be. I'm just pretty sure I remember seeing it.)

Most of the rest of those can be summed up with "Learn to mesh. Then learn to replace an existing mesh in a package with your own mesh and get it back into the game." http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...=Sims_3:Modding has a good selection of tutorials to get you started on the "get the object into the game" bit, and I'm sure that you can probably find tutorials for the meshing program of your choice if you Google.

EDIT: Yes, we know that wikispaces is shutting down. NRAAS is planning a move. Everything is fine, so don't worry about that pop-up that suggests that the site will be gone tomorrow. They have until September, and were planning to be gone by then anyway.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook