Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Subtle Build Grid Active Level Only

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 665 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 76,205 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 7th Apr 2018 at 4:26 AM
Updated: 7th Apr 2018 at 1:19 PM
I've always found the grid in build/buy mode slightly distracting, especially the terrain grid which is always visible unless you select the terrain paint tool. This mod makes it so only the active level has a visible grid - like in Sims 4. You can still manually toggle the indoor grid on and off as usual. Grid opacity has also been lowered and the terrain grid made white instead of blue. Now you get a clearer view while you're building and you can just switch to the top level when you want a totally unobstructed view of your build!

I would have preferred if all the grids could be made to toggle with the "indoor placement grid" toggle, but I couldn't figure out a way to do that, so this is my imperfect workaround - If anyone else can, I'd be ecstatic! Would also love for the "B" hotkey to be bound to the wall tool instead of the basement tool like it is currently

This is a really simple edit. If the grid is too faint for you, just extract the DDS files from the package and tweak the alphas to your liking.

Hope somebody else finds this useful, enjoy! :3

Overrides the following _IMG resources:
floorGridWhite_0xb4e5af810da55a00, floorGridBlack_0x7b02622769d6ceea, floorGridBlackActiv_0x3b184f362b253a28, floorGridWhiteActiv_0x61b1cf3cf420f3ae

Shouldn't conflict with anything except another mod that changes the grids