Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 10:02 PM
Default Horror Movie finished! "The Nightmare man"
here's my new horror movie "The nightmare man" it's really loud so make sure to turn your speakers down and i must warn you... it's quite terrifying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z697Mj6R1h4
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:24 PM
did anyone like it?
#3 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 8:52 PM
Sorry. It was really fake. I also felt sick after watching it. Spend your time doing something worthwhile!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 7:36 AM
I'm afraid it's a tad cheesy...
What I disliked about it:
- There was... like, no lip-synching. I had to pretend it was a foreign film that had been dubbed to english to accept it.
- The young boy's voice sounds more teenager-esque, like his 'friends' are.
- What was with that all-red outfit?
- The death effects could have been better; you can get pose-boxes, makeup, and other effects to make it a tad more realistic.
- The animations sometimes did not go with the dialog very well.
- Certain plot holes (Why was ouija board kid the youngest? Where were his parents?)
- Evil murder-man looked too much like the psychic when we first saw him. (unless that was intentional)
- Evil dude coulda been a little scarier looking...
- Some of the voice acting was not very believable.

What I liked about it:
- The story was good. An original work, I presume?
- Decent graphics quality through most of the video.
- The characters were pretty believable for the most part.
- Outfits were also pretty good.
- Some special effects were used; that was good.

If I had to rate this short film, I'd give it a solid C. A little more time, effort, or patience (whichever you ran out of) and you'd be closer to a B, maybe an A. If this is your first attempt though, at a film... good job!
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 3:36 PM
Not bad! The biggest issues for me was his voice, which was a little old and his dialogue was not typical of a 13 year old. And another issue I had was the repeating of some scenes.

Other than that I thought it was good. The storyline was on point, sims were nicely customized and your sets were nice. I think you did very well.

http:www.dwelliford.com/simscinema

My new Sims Movies rating and reviewing site

http:www.mach3di.com

Come Join!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyandsnuggles2
Sorry. It was really fake. I also felt sick after watching it. Spend your time doing something worthwhile!

um... ok... but the pepole on youtube thought it was great.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime

and what i think the people posted on youtube are created by you :D
Alchemist
#8 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 7:56 PM
Guys, that's a bit too harsh. I mean... it was ok, except the voices, which aren't your fault. They were pretty fake, but overall I liked it.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCreeper
Guys, that's a bit too harsh. I mean... it was ok, except the voices, which aren't your fault. They were pretty fake, but overall I liked it.

thanks i'll do the voices instead next time
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimiko-Chan
I'm afraid it's a tad cheesy...
What I disliked about it:
- There was... like, no lip-synching. I had to pretend it was a foreign film that had been dubbed to english to accept it.

lip-synching is almost impossible with the sims 2! I'd love to see a video that has that.

- The young boy's voice sounds more teenager-esque, like his 'friends' are.

That's because the boy was the same age as everyone! He was just really short!

- What was with that all-red outfit?

The character in the movie is based off a real person who always wears a red outfit. besides, what's wrong with it anyway??

- The death effects could have been better; you can get pose-boxes, makeup, and other effects to make it a tad more realistic.

Can you at least tell me where i can find those??! so i can actually use them in my next movies...

- Certain plot holes (Why was ouija board kid the youngest? Where were his parents?).

The boy was the same age as everyone! He just really short! and none of the parents appeard in the movie at all, it's as simple as that. Have u seen "friday the 13th" or "Halloween"? None of there parents where ever in the movie.

- Evil dude coulda been a little scarier looking...

Can you atleast tell me what i could have done to make him scarier??

you seriously need to give me "contructive critisim" instead of "critisim"

I'm just makeing a statement.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 7:14 PM
Lip-Syncing is SO possible on Sims 2!
lip-synching is almost impossible with the sims 2! I'd love to see a video that has that.

Actually I do it all the time , and a video example is here (This one isn't me):
http://www.decorgal.com/adventures/
Go to Episodes/EP 15. That is 25 minutes long and has a lot of dialogue, oh, and the lip-syncing is perfect.
Next time I would suggest that you do research before making a claim like that.
However, since this is obviosuly not one of your best videos, it could be BIT unfair to say how many things a wrong with it. But then again you gave the impression it was good. Wrong impression, dude.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbbe99
But then again you gave the impression it was good. Wrong impression, dude.

I don't understand why people think it's so bad. It was a good movie. The only people who helped me with it were the voice actors and all they did was record there lines. I made this video all by myself. Nobody helped me put it together or helped me animate the sims at all. I really don't care what anyone says. It was a good movie. and if you think it's so bad, why don't you tell me what i could do to make it better

I'm not trying to be mean. i'm just being honest.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:39 AM

Really... A lot of the comments on there are from people saying "it's a bit cheesy", "this is so fake!", etc. you need to learn to take a bit of criticism my friend ... It's hard not to critique a video this poorly done... If you don't like it when someone says something bad about your video, don't advertise it for the world to see!

"We all float down here"
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:43 AM
Nobody helped me put it together or helped me animate the sims at all. I really don't care what anyone says. It was a good movie. and if you think it's so bad, why don't you tell me what i could do to make it better

Maybe some help is what you needed, but you keep rejecting any help someone tries to give you!

"We all float down here"
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:15 AM
Wow, I think some of you people are taking this a bit too seriously and being a BIT...well, no, A LOT rude. I thought it was kinda neat! You know how many "cheesy" horror movies are out that people spend money on to watch in the theaters? Yeah, although I personally love cheesy horror movies, and even though this was suppose to be scary, I actually found it quite comical! So props to you for taking time and effort to put this together! It takes courage to post something on the internet with all of the "helpful" criticism people seem to offer.

I think if anyone wants to "help", maybe you should try being a little nicer? and have SUGGESTIVE criticism and not "do this so your movie will be better because it sucked ahahhaahaha"
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:41 AM
here's my new horror movie "The nightmare man" it's really loud so make sure to turn your speakers down and i must warn you... it's quite terrifying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z697Mj6R1h4

I found the cast of the little kid pretty funny, but I thought the movie was pretty good. I do think some are being a little harsh on you. However, you have to learn to take criticism. I remember when I made my first movie; I got it worse than you. Btw, to those above; suggestive and constructive criticism isn't telling someone there movie sucks and it's cheesy. You're not helping anyone by telling them they suck; that's just being spiteful.

Anyways, good quality, camera technique and overall, entertaining and funny. I liked it.