Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 9:20 AM
Default The Sims 2 UC & Sims 2 Categorizer
After installing the Sims 2 "Ultimate Collection", the Sims 2 Categorizer from simwardrobe no longer functioned. After doing some searching on MTS, I found there was a 'workaround'. So I followed those tips (basically copying and pasting the Sims 2 data to a different folder).

Problem is, the 'icon pictures' that show up in the 'categorizer' AFTER you have fully loaded the objects 'in game' -- they no longer show up.

Anyone discovered a way around that part? I need to 'see' the icons in order to know which ones to delete etc.

Thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jtf04240
After installing the Sims 2 "Ultimate Collection", the Sims 2 Categorizer from simwardrobe no longer functioned. After doing some searching on MTS, I found there was a 'workaround'. So I followed those tips (basically copying and pasting the Sims 2 data to a different folder).

Problem is, the 'icon pictures' that show up in the 'categorizer' AFTER you have fully loaded the objects 'in game' -- they no longer show up.

Anyone discovered a way around that part? I need to 'see' the icons in order to know which ones to delete etc.

Thanks!

Ugh yes, the icons are pulled from the game into SimCat. Maybe try copying the Thumbnails folder over too? (I take it the workaround is putting the files and folders in the place where SimCat looks for them).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:45 PM
I had copied the entire 'documents' folder, which has the thumbnails folder, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help. I'll try it again.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 11:58 PM
One thing to know about SimCat and thumbnails is that they won't show in SimCat until you have generate the thumbnails in game. That means going into the game and making sure you can see whatever CC it is in the catalogue.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:00 AM
Did you ever get this worked out? I really want to use the program but obviously it's useless if the thumbs don't work. Are there any other programs like this that will help to sort furniture?
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th May 2019 at 3:20 PM
Bump! Does anyone know of a way to use the Categorizer with UC installed?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th May 2019 at 11:45 AM
A way to use Sim Categorizer is to establish a symbolic link to your The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection-folder in the Documents\EA Games-folder:
1. Right-click on Start Button
2. Choose Command Prompt as Administrator
3. A window opens
4. Print: cd C:\Users\"your name"\Documents\EA Games at the blinking prompt and press ENTER
5. Check that you are in the right place - Print dir press ENTER - You shall see - The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection in the list
6. Print mklink /D ”The Sims 2” ”The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection" press ENTER (The quotation marks are necessary as the names has spaces (window's rule))
7. Print dir press ENTER - you shall see a <SYMLINK> in the list
8. Close the Command Prompt window
9. Done!
The ensure that the thumbnails shows up properly - run the game in buy/build mode