Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 4:49 AM
Default Some CC hairstyles have strange distortions/discolored patches.
I have an issue where some of my downloaded custom content hairstyles have distortion and strange flares. They don't look like that in the source posts or in photos by other. I am assuming I am missing a setting that compensates for this distortion. I don't have an image at the moment, but I can take one if someone needs more information to help diagnose the issue.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 5:28 PM
I have had an issue where the hair is discolored because of hair accessories. They were categorized as random, and you just see the discoloration, not the accessory.

This has happened with hair accessories that are categorized as accessories, regardless of whether they are original or EA recolors. If they are categorized as hats they seem to be fine. I discovered this a few months ago. If you want to upload a pic I can confirm it.

The specific accessories I had removed from my game are from PTS and WMS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 6:19 PM
It seems to be happening on Alpha hairstyles, not with maxis match. I tend to prefer the look of Maxis match, so perhaps I should just get rid of the alpha ones, but I still wonder what the problem is. I will check my laptop setting in the game. I have never noticed a laptop setting before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Try turning the laptop mode off in your game settings.
It seems it was already off. Thanks for the suggestion.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:17 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 1st Nov 2018 at 7:11 PM.
This is the thread I referenced when I discovered the hair accessories issue: Once I took them out, I didn't see the streaks in the NPC's hair (the accessories were labelled for random)
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617271

and here is a picture of an NPC that had the issue:
https://imgur.com/a/95fw8ni

I had an epiphany last night: This issue and the issue I had with EA sofas/EA sofa recolors was due to a save file. I was playing someone else's world save and at some point, it became wonky.