Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 10th May 2012 at 3:35 AM
I spammed the contest to the Random Legacy-ers but I'll add it to my sig as soon as I get on a computer.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:05 AM
Thanks levini and Reya, I really appreciate it

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
#28 Old 10th May 2012 at 10:10 PM
Application Round - Rustic

This living room is the crowning jewel in the home of a rancher who has better things to do than decorate. Enter through the river rock framed door (making sure to wipe your cowboy boots off on the braided rug) and enjoy the convenience of having all your working gear immediately at hand. Walk under the light fixture made from the antlers of a deer you probably hunted yourself and through the subtle divider formed by the supporting beams into the main area of the room. Use the solid ranch desk to budget out your weekly costs in salt licks, with a water pitcher on the stand nearby for when you realize finance is thirsty work. When you're done, sit back with a book or a piece of fruit on your hide couch. Don't worry about the fire burning in the hearth. The smart rancher knows he doesn't need a fire alarm when he has his wall-mounted lucky horseshoes hanging nearby.

Room Layout

Required Pictures

Optional Pictures

Extra Notes

Not a single piece of CC. However, the room is about 70% Store content. Okay, maybe 80%. Or 85%. Possibly 90%. But that's it!

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#29 Old 11th May 2012 at 7:06 AM
Do we have to do a 'grunge' style? Darn! I don't like grunge and I don't have any grunge cc.....
dodgy builder
#30 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:37 AM
I agree on the grunge, but I don't mind a challenge

Have added the contest to my signature, and I added a link on my blog the other day.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th May 2012 at 3:18 PM
Yes, but it doesn't necessarily have to use as much CC as levini's, I've seen people do grunge without any cc at all, although Tipsy OMSP would be a good piece to use "hint hint"

GTA V
Scholar
#32 Old 11th May 2012 at 4:02 PM
For grunge I'm really considering throwing out the points and just doing a full on bdsm dungeon type room. But that all depends on previous points. I mean, hey if I end up being in second or third I won't want to throw the round, right?

Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:50 PM
Adding to the numbers for ya :-)

Round 1 - Modern (Mid-Century)
Anyone who knows me knows I just can't do modern but with some lovely new sets out I couldn't resist using some Mid -Century items.

Using Danish style furniture this house has been decorated in retro style items sourced from second-hand shops. I have used some new Orla Keily patterns to enhance the retro look.

Room Layout Picture :

More pictures:

Most of the items are from the Benton set by AnoeskaB at TSR and B5Studio. The rest of the smaller deco items are from TSR too. There is a fair amount of CC but I wanted the room to look authentic to the period. The smaller room is decorated as a wooden garden room added on to the lounge.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th May 2012 at 4:04 AM
Thanks volvenom, also Rey's, that's be an interesting stretch from the usual, but I don't think it'll fit into any of the round rooms, since I know them ahead of time - host and all.

Sandy- ill enter ur entry into the table when I have access to a computer.

GTA V
Scholar
#35 Old 12th May 2012 at 4:51 PM
Hey, hey, S&M dungeons totally count as living rooms. :P

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#36 Old 12th May 2012 at 5:19 PM
Or a garage, basement, "rec" room, bedroom, spare bedroom, or even the kitchen if I REALLY wanna bug people!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th May 2012 at 6:14 PM Last edited by Riptide651 : 13th May 2012 at 8:13 PM.
or a bedroom hint hint

I saw a few complaining about Grunge CC, and just to prove you don't have to use CC to make a good grunge is this house: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=468030

GTA V
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#38 Old 14th May 2012 at 4:25 AM
A great person to look at for inspiration for grunge type lots with little to no CC is Feldyn. Here is one of his lots that is amazingly grungy and no CC in sight! Sinner's Remorse

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th May 2012 at 6:08 AM
Thats true, Feldyn, makes great lots, I have taken inspiration from his train station on many occasions. Thats just to show you how possible it is.

GTA V
Field Researcher
#40 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:44 PM
Default Round - Application – International Styles (African)
Round - Application – International Styles (African)

This cosy African styled room as a hardwood floor and six windows with their own African cotton curtains. The furniture is traditional African furniture while the artwork is exact replicas of some of the most famous, beautiful African originals. The large windows show a magnificent view of the sea which can be viewed more closely through the elaborately carved telescope.

Room Layout Picture

From the Eyes of a Sim Picture

Sim Action Picture

2 More Pictures (7 in Total)

I have at least:
1 Couch
1 Coffee Table
2 Items of Decor
1 Living Chair

I have no Custom Content but have tons of store content :p

My Simblr: Here
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th May 2012 at 1:58 AM
Alright, I'll put it in right now.

NOTE: The application round closes in 4 days, and we still don't have 10 participants.

GTA V
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th May 2012 at 2:51 PM
Default Application - PandoranSark
Application - Modern

This is the living room of an older middle aged couple who travel frequently and have brought home some interesting accent pieces, though the overall style is clean and modern. With no children around, it's feasible to have white everywhere - crayon stains are a thing of the past. The two focal points of the room are the fireplace and the window in the section with two lounge chairs.

No custom content.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th May 2012 at 10:34 PM
Sorry I've been extremely busy today, I'm inputting pandora's entry right now.

GTA V
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:49 PM Last edited by Riptide651 : 19th May 2012 at 4:24 PM.
Double Post Alert!

Reminder: The contest closes tomorrow at 11:59:59 PM, so if you still need to get your entries in!

GTA V
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th May 2012 at 9:55 AM
I am going to apologize ahead of time, but it seems this contest has not accumulated the proper amount of contestants to continue, and it will be locked a few hours if I do not accumulate 3 more.

We got some really great entries in the short period of time this contest ran, and I would like to thank the judges for volunteering and everybody for entering. I really appreciate it. Hopefully the next time I run a contest it will fare a little better.

GTA V

Page 2 of 2