Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:56 PM
Default How should I go about mapping a tall beehive hairdo?
I'm very much a novice when it comes to mapping. I've tried mapping this hairdo from the top outward and the texture tends to come out wobbly. This is supposed to be a re-creation of the scrapped beehive and I want to make a texture similar to the one seen on Irma. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:25 AM Last edited by carrit : 13th Nov 2018 at 11:04 PM.
so... No ideas then? not tips, no nothing?
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:59 AM
Hello can you send me this mesh to examine it? Maybe I could help with mapping?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:10 PM
You might be better asking in the modding forums - this one is more for testing and feedback from players.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You might be better asking in the modding forums - this one is more for testing and feedback from players.

Well, I would but it says it shouldn't be anything body shop related.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
Well, I would but it says it shouldn't be anything body shop related.

Where does it say that?

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=444

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 6:16 PM
Where does it say that?

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Oh, I went here:

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=8

"Want to talk about modding the game or got a question about it that isn't Body Shop or Object Creation related? Post here. All other types should go to the respective sections."

apparently I didn't read that last part.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 8:09 PM
Partly my fault - I did say modding section but we have several (as you now know!). Hope it works out.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:04 PM Last edited by carrit : 19th Nov 2019 at 4:25 AM.
Partly my fault - I did say modding section but we have several (as you now know!). Hope it works out.

thanks, I probably should try to take a picture of the problem I'm having rather than just describing it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st May 2018 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
I'm very much a novice when it comes to mapping. I've tried mapping this hairdo from the top outward and the texture tends to come out wobbly. This is supposed to be a re-creation of the scrapped beehive and I want to make a texture similar to the one seen on Irma. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

I got one!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st May 2018 at 7:40 PM Last edited by JMarcos123 : 1st Jun 2018 at 6:05 AM. Reason: typing mistake
iirc the original textures for the beehive are already hidden in game in the Sims10.package file. they're available here https://tcrf.net/The_Sims_2_(Windows)
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JMarcos123
iirc the original textures for the beehive are already hidden in game in the Sims10.package file. they're available here https://tcrf.net/The_Sims_2_(Windows)

what is it called ? i just opened sim10.package and nothing...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spendel
what is it called ? i just opened sim10.package and nothing...

ufhairbunbangs-all-bump0_lifo, ufhairbunbangs-black0_lifo, ufhairbunbangs-brown0_lifo, ufhairbunbangs-blond0_lifo, ufhairbunbangs-red0_lifo, and ufhairbunbangs-grey0_lifo

try clicking the link again, I misspelled it. The textures are already there
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:20 PM
That means that you can just export them with SimPE and map the mesh over them. Is there original mesh of this hair? And hasn't it been recovered?
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 10:33 AM
I really hope this gets finished! I would KILL to get a beehive hair lol. It's actually quite strange that no one has really tried to to this with the active modding community still going.
PS I really love your work Carrit! (Especially Darleen's beta hair)
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:17 PM
So how is it going?