Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:28 AM
Default MTS Usage: Pie Chart
I wonder where most of the traffic from MTS goes. I figure most current users are visiting the Sims4 forums. Looks like still a lot of folks over at Sims 2 and Sims 3 though. I remember some game sites having a daily updated pie chart of usage/board stats on the frontpage. That allowed visitors a quick overview of activity and whether or not if they posted it would be sent to the bottom of a monster thread or if there was anyone home. Curious.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:52 PM
Right now the volume of people viewing each section is TS3 > TS2 > TS4. Every time I have logged into this forum since TS4 was released there has always been a lot more people viewing the TS3 section compared to TS4.

You can see that for yourself: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=553

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:12 AM
Traffic changes over time based on whatever winds of whimsy are blowing methinks.. Certainly Sims2 traffic has decreased, so it stands to reason that posting in a forum that is stagnant/hasn't had any activity for weeks/months/or *gulp* years likely will yield little to no results. So, for the niche of Sims2 ppl that still want to find CC/assistance/etc. (myself esp).. correspondence helps but is ofttimes moot if there's no one to read your post.. and traffic comes into play. It's too bad EAxis won't ease up on the control reins and provide UC availability on Steam and/or GOG... Larger audiences than Origin; potential new revenue for an old product; more traffic at MTS and other sim sites. Win-WIn for all -but they have their reasons/copyrights. *splaining hands*

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:29 AM
I would think the site owners would find it helpful to compare social forums to download forums. In it's heyday and years after when I played the heck out of Sims 2, I rarely visited the forums. The folks there were friendly and I found lots of interesting things going on and help, but it wasn't a place I lingered. But I did frequent the downloads section heavily.

The Sims 4 forums is dominated by a certain culture that has alienated some - at least a few people I know have mostly stopped coming to MTS because of it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 7:01 PM
"a certain culture" in Sim4 forums? Now I have to go look...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..