Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:25 PM
H E L P ! !
so TS4 keeps crashing on me! I just downloaded the new update and seasons, I turned the game on, it was working fine. but then I allowed cc and mods again and restarted the game and it crashes before it even gets to the menu! all the intro stuff is fine, then once it shows the copyright screen, and starts playing the music, the music starts to get all choppy and then it just quits on me. is this a problem with the amount of cc I have? is my computer being all dumb? please help! I want to play my game!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pretzel_Bun
so TS4 keeps crashing on me! I just downloaded the new update and seasons, I turned the game on, it was working fine. but then I allowed cc and mods again and restarted the game and it crashes before it even gets to the menu! all the intro stuff is fine, then once it shows the copyright screen, and starts playing the music, the music starts to get all choppy and then it just quits on me. is this a problem with the amount of cc I have? is my computer being all dumb? please help! I want to play my game!

This usually happens when you have issues with an outdated mod or cc. Have you checked all your mods to see if they need updating? They most likely do.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:08 PM
If you have the sliding glass door mod, remove it. EA added sliding glass doors. Sacrificial's Road to Fame crashed for me (where it previously worked fine for me). Also, the bonus added to the recent mod here at MTS for 100+ traits crashed until I removed that portion of the mod.

If you don't have any of these, you will need to go through mods. My recommendation is check any script mods.

Read the patch notes to see if anything else you may use that would have been put in the game by EA.
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
If you have the sliding glass door mod, remove it. EA added sliding glass doors. Sacrificial's Road to Fame crashed for me (where it previously worked fine for me). Also, the bonus added to the recent mod here at MTS for 100+ traits crashed until I removed that portion of the mod.

If you don't have any of these, you will need to go through mods. My recommendation is check any script mods.

Read the patch notes to see if anything else you may use that would have been put in the game by EA.

OP should just check all their mods to see if they need updating. If we had to list all of those that broke with Seasons or any patch we'd have quite the list...

Read THIS and try THIS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:14 AM
thank you! but how do I see if they all need updating? I don't have a lot and most of them don't work so I could just delete them...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:16 AM
okay so I deleted all basic mods that weren't working or that I never used. I have 2 left