Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 2:57 AM
Default Why does Simpe say there is a newer expansion pack installed than it is compatible with?
I believe I have downloaded the latest SimPE - version 072_01
I have tried both the auto install and manual install versions on their downloads page. When I open them, I get a warning notice that this version of SimPE is for a later expansion pack than I have installed (It specifies later than Mansions and Gardens)

But isn't Mansions and Gardens the latest expansion pack? At any rate, I have all expansion and stuff packs installed.

Should I go ahead and use it anyway? Is there any way to get rid of the error message?
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 3:27 AM
You have ultimate collection?

also the latest version is 73.44.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:22 PM
Actually I have all the old discs installed, not Ultimate Collection.

Can you please share a link to the latest version?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:26 PM
top one http://sims.ambertation.de/en//

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 9:17 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th May 2017 at 2:14 PM
Hi, I have a similar problem. After upgrading windows 7 to 10 my computer didn't want to open SimPE, so I uninstalled the 0.72 version and downloaded 0.73. Now it reads neighborhoods and Sims, but when I try to open a Sim file the program does nothing. What could be the reason?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th May 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marta Mastalerska
Hi, I have a similar problem. After upgrading windows 7 to 10 my computer didn't want to open SimPE, so I uninstalled the 0.72 version and downloaded 0.73. Now it reads neighborhoods and Sims, but when I try to open a Sim file the program does nothing. What could be the reason?

I have windows 10 and the UC. I downloaded the latest version of SimPE, and while it will read neighbourhoods, I can't even read Sims. I would appreciate some help too.

kat