Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 8:55 PM
Default Marilyn Monroe sim
Hi

I spent a bit of time messing around in CAS last night to make a Marilyn Monroe sim, and this is how it turned out:

Do you think it looks like her? If not, what should I do to make it look more accurate?

Thanks for the help
Screenshots

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Hi

I spent a bit of time messing around in CAS last night to make a Marilyn Monroe sim, and this is how it turned out:

Do you think it looks like her? If not, what should I do to make it look more accurate?

Thanks for the help

I think she looks nice but where is the reference photo? It would be helpful if you put the reference photo in the corner of the CAS screenshot and the person in question has to have a neutral expression as much as possible. She is an American icon.

Something like this will work:

Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 8:16 PM
I agree with the previous poster - good clear reference pics, and from the side as well as from the front, are essential. Am not seeing a resemblance just yet, but if you make yourself a composite photo with your sim on one side and Marilyn on the other, you will more easily be able to see where to tweak. You could also check out Audrey's Marilyn for comparison, who was a great resemblance: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=543052 , maybe study her sculpt and consider how you could do something similar. Am a big Marilyn fan - good luck with the sim!
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 8:31 AM
I think a big difference right off the bat would be changing the eye makeup. Remember in her day, the style was to have heavy lashes with next to no eyeliner below the eye, as you can see from the image above.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 8:47 AM
Eyes could be more far apart or face shorter. Just my opinion.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 8:00 PM
I agree with both BubbleBeam & Taija, the eye makeup needs a makeover [pun intended], and the face should be a tad shorter but not much. If you look at different pictures, based on the camera perspective her face does appear longer than the ref picture in this thread (and I personally like the longer look-see my pic). Lastly, move the mole halfway between the upper lip and bottom of nose (look @Dr Who's Ref photo above), you have it much to close to her lip! On the positive side, I really like the chin you gave her.

All that said, I am being picky as I would want someone to be with me! I think you already have a very good likeness, but if you are a perfectionist then there are a few tweaks you could make. Excellent work though (better than I could do)!

Cheers
Screenshots