Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 2:20 AM
Default Better than mine, tips please.
This is my first attemp at recoloring for the sims 4.
I changed the plain white hoodie's color, and add the train logo from another toddler t-shirt.
As you can see, I added shadow and light, to cope for my lack of knowledge in... blending an image onto a shirt.
There must be a better way. I'd love to be able to keep all seams visible, and all details...but instead, I can only add an image over all of it. If that make sense?
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 6:22 PM
This got a lot of views, but no advises or comments. What was your first impression then, if i may ask?

Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This got a lot of views, but no advises or comments. What was your first impression then, if i may ask?

I don't know anything about sims 4 custom clothing so I cannot help you, my best guesses are to add a more translucent image to make the seams more noticeable or playing around with the specular map to have them better defined, if that's even a posibility.

My impression is that it's a good piece, maybe it would have been a bigger problem in a game that goes for a more realistic look like the sims 3, but the sims 4 is so cartoonishly stylized that it works.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 2:48 AM
Yes indeed. When I create for the sims 2, I always go with the most realistic textures and look. Almost all my clothing is made using real clothing.
Thank you for your input.