Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 20th Aug 2010 at 8:21 PM.
Default Foundational Plan 817 for Sims 3 *Now also for TS2*
Sounds so professional doesn't it? lol

Well this is kind of an odd one like I mentioned yesterday that it would be. But hey, I've seen how creative some of you are and I know someone will come up with something brilliant.

This is a 30 x 30 foundation.

It's a residential lot but feel free to change to community and make whatever lot type you choose. And well that's all I know to say for this one. Let your imagination run wild. I'm not proposing any set theme.

See post #5 for the download for TS2 version
Thanks to Sulyuki for providing that file
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Foundational Plan 817.zip (402.9 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:03 PM
Exciting! I think I will go commercial for this foundation

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:05 PM
Yeah that's what I'm probably going for too. I attempted a start at it then went for a 5 mile walk. lol I'll work on it over the weekend sometime.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 10:09 PM
Ooh, I'll definitely download and work on something when I'm not suddenly so busy.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 10:36 PM
I made a TS2 version of this foundation on a 3x3 lot if anyone wants to try it. I'm too stuck for ideas to do anything with it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Plan 817 for TS2.rar (167.1 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Inventor
#6 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:10 AM
It looks like a toast which got bitten off twice.

I like it - will give it a try as soon as I have my other three little houses finished.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 11:14 AM
oh, nice!
I'll have to try out this one. I guess a community lot really is easier to build on such a foundation
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 1:18 PM
Thanks Sulyuki for posting the Sims 2 version

Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:06 PM
Default Pirate Pete's Treasure Box (Sims3)
Ahoy, mateys! I be Pirate Pete, former scourge of the Simlish Main, til I lost me leg to a scurvy great white shark off Shang Simla. So now I have to make me livin' as a bloody landlubber!
Anyways, welcome to me new store - Pirate Pete's Treasure Box. It's a consignment shop where ye'll find treasures of every category - chic or kitschy, trendy or old-fashioned, gizmos and great art, hexpensive or cheap, it's here. There's also room for your own consignment items. So be ye shoppin' or sellin' this is the store for ye!

Like the clever design? This shop is visible from many knots away!
If ye be wantin' to see the floorplans, here they be - I'm expectin' me property tax bill anytime, so if'n ye're interested in buyin' the shop it costs 103,940$ as is, or 43,696$ empty.

There be a roomy showroom and a public head on the ground floor, so ye don't have to cut yer shoppin' pleasure short fer a call o' nature. Outside ye can browse the magic gnome and topiary stalls, check out the statues, or stroll along the river.

There's more consigned goodies upstairs. A large section is geared at the kiddies. I also have paintin's and nectars stored up here.

The top floor is off-limits to all - there's no way ter reach it nohow. Most of the treasures up here is fake, but there may be some REAL ancient coins left from me maraudin' days!

This be a view of the aforementioned stalls and some of the perty statues now on consignment. The display changes when sales go through, so check back regular.

The Treasure Box backs right up to the river, and makes fer a fine promenade. Arggh! I really miss the boundin' main!

See somethin' ye like?

Ahoy, boyos and girlies! Here's summat ye'd be likin"!

Never let it be said that Pirate Pete don't take care of 'is customers!

Some store items were used and abused in the making of this shop, however, NO CC WAS USED!
Buydebug items are from all the EPs (base game, WA and Ambitions)

Oh, yes, this is a community lot!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:22 PM
Haha, that's genious! Will you be uploading it? So much cooler than the default store

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:59 PM
Thank you, Kaospilot. Not sure about uploading, since there is a bit of store stuff in it. And, personally, I would find the 'river" in back troublesome, as it ends at each edge of the property. If I do upload, I'll have to stock it, too, so fishing would be another lot option. Oh, and butterflies for the flowerbeds!
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:19 PM
Hehe I love it.
I'm close to finishing up mine. But I'm borrowing internet at some friends house so don't have a preview shot yet. I should have tossed it on my flash drive.

But I'm thinking of changing the windows anyhow.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:39 PM
Hm, I get what you mean. Anyway it's a great idea and great execution!

I think I might have to go TS2 on this one. The foundation is just screaming to be made into a shop

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 5:27 AM Last edited by IndycentSimCreations : 22nd Aug 2010 at 5:47 AM.
ooo! Im having fun with TS2 one! Its coming out nice! :D

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

I finished it! YAY! Haha
It was easy, and im not uploading it, i ahve no clue on how to landscae it, so yeah, if you want pics, i can post some, just holar.
Inventor
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 7:31 AM
Gamineannie, what a crazy and funny store - I love it.

Now I understand - the cash registers are only available for community lots, right? Is there any way to have them on a residential lot too? I was searching for them when I build my Country Fashion Boutique but couldn't find them.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:05 PM
You can always make it a community lot and then turn it back. I have no clue if that will keep your objects intact, though.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:14 PM
Hi, Everyone! Glad you're enjoying the consignment shop! Do you think I should seriously upload it? Had a closer look and most of what I thought was store stuff is actually from the latest EP instead. I just have almost too much CC, it's hard to remember where everything came from ;-)!
What would you change? I already figure to change the "river" to a longish pond. And I need to put a ceiling in the restroom, so the sky doesn't show. Stock the pond and add butterflies.
Remove a couple of hacks - note the German flag out front and the goods in the showroom windows, both of which are only possible with a couple of mods I picked up here.
Anything else? Please be brutally honest as I haven't uploaded since Sims 2 and I hate rejections! Are most of the pictures of a suitable quality - taking pics is one of my weak points.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to give me feedback on this!
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:24 PM
Ok here's my little Twinbrook Cafe lol

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:31 PM
That's lovely Greenlea. So cute! It's with lots like that you wish that you could make proper working cafes im TS3.

Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 6:54 PM
Yeah I'm just pleased that they can buy food through the register like in World Adventures hoods. It just doesn't give the foreign food options.

Inventor
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:09 PM
Greenlea, it's lovely. I especially like the garden with all the flowers. With the new Night Life (?) expansion pack we'll be able to have real cafés, I think - or is it just for bars and nightclubs?
Anyway, a floorplan and a few more pictures would have been nice. How many floor levels and rooms does the café have? It looks quite big.

LifesLover: I'll try that next time. Thank you for your help.

Gamineannie: So many questions... where do I start? People prefer uploads with as little CC as possible - also, some people prefer base game lots.
I like your pictures but you may take new ones before uploading your lot if you think they're not okay - take pictures from different angles, give people a good overview of what the house looks like and also show them all the places that are special (for you) - you may do a collage of pictures for every level of the house so you can add more pictures.
A flag with a skull and crossbones would be nice for a pirate's box, wouldn't it? That would be a good reason for using CC and/or mods. Why is it a german flag - are you german?

Hm, maybe we should open an extra help thread...
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:18 PM
I may take floorplan shots, I just wasn't very impressed with this lot to be honest lol it's only 2 floors with anything on them and the whole downstairs part is open with the exception of a male and female rest room.

On the lot I built on your foundation I did get floorplan shots, (was happier with it lol)

Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:38 AM
Greenlea - it's a lovely cafe - I especially like the outdoor dining area!
Yogi-Tea - yeah, I took out the three items of CC, as well as removing the two mods I mentioned - so my flag has reverted to Sims standard (yes, I was born in Germany but raised here in the States, and my husband's originally German, too) and the bay windows are empty. Don't see how it could be a base game lot, though, since you need Ambitions for the consignment shop to work. There are only a few WA items (mummy case, ancient coins, a display of canopic jars, maybe the wallpaper? Those are Asian fans on it), so if someone doesn't have WA, those items would be replaced with some base game item instead. Did not use any HELS stuff. I used base game spawners for fish and butterflies. The river has been changed to a long, narrow pond and I added a small picnic area at the side. Also put in a couple of fish tanks (whoops, I think the big tanks came later with one of EPs or HELS! Better make that fish bowls instead) and bookcases, since Sims can consign books and fish, too. Will have to take all the pictures again, since the flag's different, and the interior has changed. Hopefully, I won't see sky when I "shoot" the restroom, since I installed ceilings everywhere. I'll update the pics in my post within the next couple of days, so you and everyone elxe can critique the latest version.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:43 PM
Default Railway cottage
Something quick I came up with. I enjoyed making this as have been doing the foundations contest for a while, then 2 victorian style uploads, the last one grungy so hey I went a bit mad on patterns! (Oh and a little mad on CC).
I'll probably upload this minus some CC but it needs more landscaping and the exterior brick is a bit too boring as yet.

Basically it's the old Sunset Valley Railway Station. As the population grew and new technology was introduced a new station was built with electric lines so this was sold off to one lucky sim in an auction. Having become so rundown she only paid 32 simoleons for it but 2 years of hard work later it is now a desirable cottage with unusual 'platform' patio. And of course it has the bonus of being the only place where you don't mind your children playing on the railway lines.

Back 'Platform' Patio

First Floor

Ground Floor

Kitchen

Lounge

Bedroom

Bathroom

I'll list the CC in case you see something you like;

The rails arefrom the latest set by Hekate999 here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416589
Persian Rug by Lady Venera at http://www.ladyvenera.net.ru/load/46

Elke Sofa set and plant in lounge by Desdren at http://desdren.blogspot.com/search/label/Livingroom
Kitchen jars from the MK Sea them set at Vitasims at http://www.vitasims3.com/objects12.php
Retro Kettle and Victorian cooker by Elenka http://elenka-myblog.blogspot.com/2...-post_9061.html
Sofa cushions by Awesims and Simply Styling
Classic Curtains from Sims Design Avenue
All patterns, 'Sunset Valley' sign and the 'tea' picture in kitchen are all my own.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:15 AM
sandymdh - how beautiful! My favorite rooms are the kitchen, bathroom and that gorgeous back deck! But you're so naughty - including links to the great CC, when some of us already have problems building CC-less! Thanks for the great leads! Looking forward to the download!

Page 1 of 2