Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 4:14 PM
Default Expanding on transgender sims?
Hello! I have some experiences making cc for the sims, but I've never messed around with the coding much. I was just wondering if something like this would be possible without needing to get too advanced. Transgender sims are possible through CAS now, but I'd like to be able to have something that randomly makes a certain amount of pre-existing sims (or sims brought into the world via birth/adoption) transgender as well. This would probably be treated like an invisible trait that would cause a negative "dysphoric" moodlet to pop up sometimes. For now I'd be satisfied with the moodlet going away after cheating that sim into CAS and making them the right gender and everything, but in the future it'd be cool if I could learn enough to expand it into a bigger mod where the moodlet decreases in severity when the sim does something such as wear the right clothes, and disappears after they go through some form of HRT/surgery. I realize that that's way beyond me, though, so it'd just be something cool to keep in mind for the future. I know there's been mods that do something similar with gay sims, making a certain amount of the population exclusively attracted to their own gender, so I know that part isn't impossible. Anyways, thanks so much to anybody that responds, a mod like this becoming a reality would mean a lot to me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deja-entended
Hello! I have some experiences making cc for the sims, but I've never messed around with the coding much. I was just wondering if something like this would be possible without needing to get too advanced. Transgender sims are possible through CAS now, but I'd like to be able to have something that randomly makes a certain amount of pre-existing sims (or sims brought into the world via birth/adoption) transgender as well. This would probably be treated like an invisible trait that would cause a negative "dysphoric" moodlet to pop up sometimes. For now I'd be satisfied with the moodlet going away after cheating that sim into CAS and making them the right gender and everything, but in the future it'd be cool if I could learn enough to expand it into a bigger mod where the moodlet decreases in severity when the sim does something such as wear the right clothes, and disappears after they go through some form of HRT/surgery. I realize that that's way beyond me, though, so it'd just be something cool to keep in mind for the future. I know there's been mods that do something similar with gay sims, making a certain amount of the population exclusively attracted to their own gender, so I know that part isn't impossible. Anyways, thanks so much to anybody that responds, a mod like this becoming a reality would mean a lot to me!

I'm Transgender myself, and i think a mod like this would be AMAZING! I can't mod, but you definitely have my support all the way!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 7:01 PM
I'm transgender too! I'd love to be able to raise trans kids in the sims without having to manually force them to transition and pretend it's what they wanted because that feels creepy to me, and I think something like this would make it feel a lot more authentic. Making the trait is within my knowledge, making it so that it goes away after the sim "transitions" is something I'm unsure how to do.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 7:38 PM
Someone on tumblr made a crossdressing trait, maybe you could work with them to make a transgender one? You can find the crossdressing trait on here: https://591760675.wixsite.com/rexsi...ACross-Dressing

And original tumblr post: https://konansock.tumblr.com/post/1...-everyone-merry

I think it's a neat mod to use, and I think doing something similar with transgender is a great idea! I'd like more sims to be transgender in my game without me having to go through and put them in my game myself. Just like some sims end up being gay/lesbian without me doing anything, I think it'd be cool to do that for transgender sims as well.