Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 11:27 AM
simmer22 How can I know if I have version 2.0? I think I already have it but I don't know. If I upload my graphicrules file, could someone tell me if there is something wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:05 PM
If you open the GRM program, it should have the "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" line. Most of the install files where you've installed it should be dated to april 2020, too.

If you're unsure, uninstall the version you currently have and install the new one from https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker (and not from anywhere else, those could be old versions)

I had the old version, which turned out to be my problem (I got my new laptop in 2019, and had a lot of display issues, so I thought I'd do the "easy" way out and use the GRM. Turned out that was the problem... I've had pink-flashing issues on my older computer, but those were more related to lots of CC and texture memory dumps from playing too long or on heavy lots, and on snow-filled lots, so I kinda knew when those would happen. I don't think I used GRM on any of my previous computers - or it's possible I tried on one of them, but had issues and fixed those in other ways. I guess I now know why I had issues)
Forum Resident
#53 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:11 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 5th Sep 2021 at 1:18 PM.
I don't have the line "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" in the program, which leads me to think that maybe I have the old version.

edit: @simmer22 It worked! I have gone to a mansion, then I have changed neighborhood, I have gone to a club full of lights, then a beach and other community lots and no pink soup! With all the graphics to the maximum. Thank you very much to all!! :lovestruc

I don't know how I was so foolish to have the game half-way for so long.
Scholar
#54 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
This machine does come with Linux by default, should I keep it then? If I end up installing Windows, what is the W10 installation mess I should clean up?

well, I'd start from there: [ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg...HU2U01vaFCAsvmQ ] Chris has a pretty good tutorial(s) on the matter. Bear in mind that the scripts and lists of TODOs changes with time. You can always count on MS/Google/Apple[insert your beloved corp] in the matter of fck*ups.

Speaking of Linux - just try. If that distribution witch which the machine comes won't please you, you can always change for another flavour.

If for (e.g.) work reason you're not absolutely dependent for Microsoft products which cannot be replaced or properly run on the *ux machines (or for whatever reason your employer demands you to use these products) I cannot see the reason to keep this vermin around.**

You can always install Windows* if you shall feel bad having too much freedom and security

I'd also give the machine itself a hardware cleaning run (fan/repasting/overall health check). You can do it yourself, ask a friend or just drop the thing in the nearest "computer fixing and stuff" store. It costs pennies but is indispensable.

*default OEM serial keys for your machine are embedded in BIOS - this is a common practice -, you can see them by looking on the BIOS data, during the installation the Windows should find them by itself, anyway.

**that is from the mouth of someone who is forced to maintain the whole class/studio of this abomination in my workplace.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Inventor
#55 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 3:57 PM
Which processor is better for running TS2 smoothly: AMD or Intel?

@ElaineNualla any thoughts?
Scholar
#56 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 8:27 PM
from the game's perspective there is no difference

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Page 3 of 3