Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:35 AM
Default Uploading lots
I have a few lots I want to upload but I have mods and cc in my game. Can I get some advice on how to do that?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:25 AM
Is there any way to test that the house is safe without having someone else try it first?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:49 AM
This question would be better off in the Creator Issue area which will be seen by Sims 3 queue staff. http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=492 Only you and staff can view your posts in there so while it looks empty, it's not.

here are the Sims 3 lot guidlines: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Lots_and_Houses
If you read that over, it will answer most questions.

For a first upload you might want to go cc free since it's easier and will give you a feel for the upload process.

I also recommend using Creator Feedback. This is for both feedback but also useful for formatting your upload and making sure you have everything correct. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612 You shouldn't really need testers for a house, but CF is the place to ask for testers if you need to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:19 PM
dodgy builder
#6 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
My advice is to edit those lots and remove as many cc and mods as possible.

In my first upload, you can click my name to my downloads, I didn't do that and had to list dozens of ccs. Later I realize a lot of them were decos and unnecessary such as deco plants, wall posters, etc... which the game provides their own version.

Listing and tracking CC is the most time consuming, and it is also time consuming for the downloader of many who will download your lot without the CCs and use their own CCs instead. Every lot I download, I download it clean and edited using my own CCs.

Now, personally, I prefer to simply zip up the library file. It is simple, clean, and I think downloaders prefer it. Sim3pack is annoying, you have to use custard, and they don't always work and you get glitches and bugs.

To get library files, simply save the lot you want into the lot bin. Go to the library folder, sort by date/time. The latest one should be it. Rename it to something you like, zip it, and upload it. You can also check the library file with S3PE and see the icons to make sure it is teh right lot.

Can you really just zip CC these days, don't you risk violating someone's policy?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Can you really just zip CC these days, don't you risk violating someone's policy?

You have to check the creators TOU. If it's not allowed to be included you need to leave it out and give a link.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 6:24 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered