Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:15 AM Last edited by crazyclara101 : 17th Mar 2018 at 3:57 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Ultimate Collection Wall+Floor Texture is wacky
I got the Ultimate Collection recently from EA, and I know how to fix the odd pink blinking neighborhoods (although it's not a permanent fix) but it doesn't fix this other problem. The walls are all red and the floors are.... whatever this is. In live mode the red blinks like the pink. This is everywhere. Also the textures are of real poor pixel quality like with the grass I noticed. PLEASE HELP!

I got a gaming laptop and NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX game card and I don't have mods, yet, and Windows 10. I also play it in windowed mode cus when it's fullscreen, it's completely black. It has noise but it's all blacked out

UPDATE: Found out that the info for my graphics card in the config-log is missing. It reads
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver):
Name (database): <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:40 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Mar 2018 at 3:02 AM.
I'm guessing your game doesn't recognize your graphics card. Many of the newer ones are too new for TS2 to recognize them without a proper setup. This often happens on laptops (yes, even gaming laptops) with two cards. The game tries to run on the integrated one instead of the Nvidia card causing multiple issues because the integrated one is meant to manage Windows but not games.

Red flashing explanation: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Flashing_Walls (the "how to fix" may not be helpful, but see the Leefish topics below)

Fixing your game to work with your graphics card:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 (may or may not work with Win10)

Related help topics to fix graphics:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21

If these fixes don't work for you, you may also have to go into the Nvidia panel and force the game EXE to run on the Nvidia card. I had to do that on my laptop.
- Right-click the shortcut for the EXE you're using to start the game (has to be one that goes to a "sims2EPX.exe" file, it's the "sims2SP9.exe" file if you have M&G or the UC)
- Click the "Run with graphic processor" line (or open the Nvidia panel via Start --> Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Nvidia ControlPanel)
- Check if the "Nvidia with high performance" is set as "(standard)". If it is, you don't have to go on.
- If the "Integrated graphics" is set as standard, click the "change standard graphic processor" line.
- Add the EXE to the list, and set it as standard with the dropdown list of options.
(will add more detailed description if need be).
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:43 AM
I can't be 100% certain, but it looks like the game is using the integrated graphics rather than the NVIDIA card. Wacky textures tend to be a result of an over-stressed system: newer integrated graphics aren't strong enough for TS2, which is why we need the dedicated cards! I had to manually override the default settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel on my gaming laptop to get mine to work. It's either that or your Graphics Rules file needs updating... or even both!

This thread over at leefish.nl has a number of explanations and fixes for graphics issues.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:46 AM
UPDATE: I noticed in my config-log text that where it says the name of the driver and driver database, it's blank in the former and says "<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>" in the latter! also in Vendor it says nothing
I think that's the culprit, although I don't know how to fix it. I tried forcing the game to use nvidia using the control panel and still nothing
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:37 AM
You need to download and do the graphic rules as mentioned above.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Mar 2018 at 2:15 PM.
Some people have had issues with the Graphic Rules program (me included), but it could be worth a try. Just make sure you save a copy of the files it changes. You don't have to use the graphics rules program - you can do it manually. I think the Leefish tutorial goes through how.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM Last edited by crazyclara101 : 17th Mar 2018 at 8:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You need to download and do the graphic rules as mentioned above.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me...

it seems it doesn't save when I save it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:45 AM
Update again, I can use this fix to improve the graphics http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=479610 but it still has very pixelly and blocky textures, and the red walls still show up
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:47 AM
The link to Leefish's site above posted by simmer22: there at the bottom is a file named Nvidia Texure fix.

That is the file that works for me. It has 2 files inside and please just take note of where you need to install them (both of them).