Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Issue whit EA fridges after installing AL
Hi

I just recently discovered a strange issue whit refridgerators and thought it would be a good idea to get some input on the issue. The thing is that I just recently installed Apartment Life and before that everything worked greate. My game is patched.

I did discover the issue as I had a sim taking home some new food but she could not restock her fridge. As my sims sometimes acts like they "can not do" some things I did not thought about it but her daughter could not restock either. And non of them could check the food level. It's a "fullsize" fridge from the game so I thought it was strange. Replacing the fridge did not solve the problem. I did get the tip to take out all fridgerelated hacks and as I only got the "Low food warning" it was easy to do. But it did not solve the problem. I did visit a couple of familys in 2 different subhoods but non of them could check the food level. I went in to the uni sub-hood (I have a playable living on his own) and he could check the food level. Please note: I did not send all of them shopping so I do not know if they can restock but as I do guess the issues are related, I did not care at the moment. All of the sims lives in hauses!

Now, I have been adding some CC recently but only objects, clothes and cars. I have not been adding anything that have to do whit food (food, food processing, food storing etc). My theory is that someting did break when installing AL and/or the AL patch. I'm not planning to install Maison&Garden at the moment but if the EP-patch can fix this and some unknown issues I can install the patch.

My game is playable at the moment. I did discover some things last time like mail on the ground, sims on the foot path preventing the carpool car from leaving and a tree that did catch fire (during a thunder) and burned for ever whitout an option to put the fire out. I do think this things are glinches or hickups by the game and not related to the issue I have whit the fridges.

Edit. I do have a hack that do help my sims keeping track of their garden duties (picking weeds etc). One of its features is that it tells my sims when the fruits and other "home grown" food is ready to harvest and the fruit/greens can be places in the fridge. If the hack might be related to my issue I can take this out as well.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:49 AM
You need to check your mods, some might need updating to Apartment Life.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
Edited my post becuase I did forgett about an other food related mod I do have. Sorry for being forgettable...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM
No worries, did you get it fixed? I would check over all your mods even if you don't see issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:18 PM
I do not have any time this week but I will take a look as soon as I can.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:21 PM
And I'm back. I did find two mods that can have someting to do whit the fridge. It's two mods that remind me when the garden plants/trees needs attention and as fruit and other "home grown" food can go into the fridge I took them out. But no, it's still impossible for my sims to restack the fridge and check food level. I had a sim going to work and for some reason she had a basket full of food in her hand when she returned (the other one that she could not stack is in her doughters catalog). She put did put the basket down as I gave her an other job and could not do anything whit it after that. I sold it for 0$. It's strange. My theory is that the installing of Apartment Life did brake anything badly.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:06 PM
Mail on the ground happens when a lot is reset by adding some mods. This has been happening in my game a lot lately because I've recently added several new mods. The tree with a stuck fire in it happened recently too - I just deleted the tree and bought a new one. (This is apparently a known bug in the game - no big deal. )

You may just have to set aside some time to do the 50/50 thing to find out what is causing your food and fridge problems. Pull out all of your downloads and test the game to see if it works. If it does, put back a few more and test those. Repeat this process until the game breaks and you will have some idea which of your downloads is causing your problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:56 PM
Whit all respect, doing the 50/50 will break me or the old computer or both of us. Besides, the problem file can be anywhere... So it's the last option on the list.

I went into the game and did some reserch today. First I did open my "trouble apartment" lot (the doggy can not walk stairs anymore. Don't know why but it's a problem). Anyway, I clicked on the fridge and did get the "Check food level" option on both sims. I did not command them to do it, I just clicked to see if the option was there. Next, I did enter my newest apartment lot and the sim could check the food level. Fine, fine! I went into a single home lot that I had not been playing since way back because I did get the theory that the custom fridge may be part of the problem. But it turned out that the fridge was not custom (I had changed it and forgot about it), it was the very expensive EA fridge. Yes, the option to check food level was there. OK, I did keep the old fridge and placed a new one in the same room. It was the same model. But No, the option was gone. Hmm... Went into an other lot whit a sheeper fridge: No option. Did try other lots but no option for checking food level. What?! And all of the lots have been neglected for years now and holds no new CC (pre H&M, pre AL). The apartments holds new CC but they worked fine.

To do I final test I went into the single family lot there I first did notice the problem. No, it still did not work. And in my previous post I write about my sim taking a new food basket home from work. But I sold that basket for 0$. And now I can not find the first one! Maybe I should turn CC of and start the game. Then close and reload whit CC on. Maybe there was a problem whit the reset when installing H&M or AL.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:13 PM
You don't have lord darcy's put away leftovers mod for K&B fridges right? Just wondering.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
You don't have lord darcy's put away leftovers mod for K&B fridges right? Just wondering.

Nope. I do not have many hacks really. The one I had directly connected to food were the "Low food warning"." MQ garden plant reminder" and "MQ garden trees reminder" is pulled out (they did not work after AL anyway).
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:31 PM
The option is not available when the fridge is full/new (if attribute 0 'Food Units' equals semi-attribute 1 'Initial Food Units'), installing a new EP probably just reset them. The option should come back after you've used up some food units.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:06 PM
OK, I hope it's what way. And maybe the fridge was full so she could not restock. That would make sence I think. But I still find it quite odd that she brought home a 2:nd food basket. Later on I let her drive of and come back again but this time she did arrive empty handed.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:36 PM
But..when the fridge is full, the game does not let you buy food right? You can always buy food to match your fridge food level. So in theory, if the sim could buy food, that means there was empty space in the fridge.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)