Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default s3pe/mono framework help
I have installed and used mono framework "MonoFramework-MRE-2.10.11.macos10.xamarin.x86.dmg" with S3PE "s3pe_11-1216-1651" on MacBook pro for a couple of years without any major issues.
Recently, I kept getting the message "-bash: mono: command not found". in terminal when i try to run it.
So thinking i had an outdated version of each program, I uninstalled mono and S3PE and downloaded the most recent versions of both mono and s3pe, but I keep getting the same error message.

I have macOS High Sierra 10.3.13

I really just used it to combine package files and I'm not sure why it stopped working suddenly.
Also, I get the same error message when i try to run Sims 3 Dashboard so I think Mono may be the problem.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:00 AM
The reason questions like this often go unanswered isn't that we Mac users are withholding valuable information on purpose (not that such an accusation was ever made here, just saying), but rather that the suggested solutions just do not work for everyone. I never got any of these tools to work on OS X more than maybe two or three times and that was back when Lion was the current OS. Or maybe it wasn't but it was what I had at the time as I later skipped over Mountain Lion and Mavericks. Anyway, the only way I could make these tools work properly was to run them on Windows. Since then I've bootcamped Windows onto my Mac and play the game that way as well, having gotten totally fed up with the Mac version's other limitations. Honestly, TS3 for Mac is just a mess programmatically.

So I can't offer any High Sierra specific advice except ask if you have seen this thread and maybe some of the more recent suggestions towards the end of it.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments