Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:24 PM Last edited by MrsGloom : 8th Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird Graphic Glitches
Okay, so I'm experiencing a series of weird glitches that I feel are somehow connected to each other. Right from the start I'd like to apologize for my english, I'm not a native speaker.

First of them is that in town view some lots are doing this: https://i.imgur.com/OlsVctH.png
Usually the lots that have that problem are lots that I move my families into, not ones with premade families. Also when I click on the house it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/75455sm.png and in the loading screen: https://i.imgur.com/s1L4NbD.png
When I enter the family, everything is fine. No glitches inside. That's the first thing that's my issue. First when I saw it, I thought it was a fault of some custom item that showed up like those doors. I entered the house and deleted it and it helped but then it happened again with different lot and different object. I removed all my custom content and it didn't help. Those screenshots that I'm posting are actually from a completely clean game with no cc.

Next issue, that I completely don't understand is this: https://i.imgur.com/nfQndFh.png
And these are not even my families. The ones that are not visible are premade game families. When I move them into a lot it works fine.

My third problem is that sometimes when my game has to change its screen from loading to something else or from something to loading it just doesn't. For example, if I enter the family creation screen, make a sim and then save him and click that I'm finished it should go into the loading screen but it doesn't. The screen freezes in family creation, my cursor moves (changes into hourglass and pointer), music is playing like in normal loading and at some point I can hear town sound as if everything was working fine but the screen is still in CAS. If I'm lucky enough I can even click in right place and quit my game, cause I can still click and do things. If my game freezes like this when I'm loading a family, the game acts as if I entered my family but I still see the loading screen. I can click on stuff and I hear normal game sounds (sims talking, walking, music playing, etc.) but I just see constantly one screen. Also task manager says that my game is not frozen. There's nothing I can do besides quiting it. I tried waiting but it stayed like this for an hour and at that point I gave up.

It all started after I created my own neighbourhood and when the freezing problem became very annoying I uninstalled my game, cleaned the registry and installed it again. I did not move my previous saves, I started totally from scratch and it was working fine until I created my own neighbourhood the secong time. I thought that might be the problem, so I deleted it and started playing in Desiderata Valley but the problem persisted (that's actually when the second issue first appeared). I deleted all my custom content even if before the issue I was playing with 13GB of cc and it worked fine.

I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it. I searched a lot but found no fix to that or even a similar problem. I have Windows 7. I really need help.

EDIT. I attached my dxdiag file as Rosebine told me. Hope this helps.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (23.4 KB, 14 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM
The first few pictures looks like my own game on my old computer which had a dying graphic chip...
You will want to post your Dxdiag, so more experienced member can help you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:57 PM
Up. I still need help. :<
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM
Post your Dxdiag, like she said. I can't actually do anything because imgur doesn't work on this network, but I'm sure somebody can.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 9:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM.
Might be the game can't locate the card and/or doesn't recognize it properly.

Open the "PCNAME-PC-config-log" file in "C:\Users\PCNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs". This file shows what the game ran on the last time you played. Look under the "Graphics device info". If it doesn't show your card, your game probably doesn't recognize it, and may throw some bugs at you (but it's possible to fix).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Post your Dxdiag, like she said. I can't actually do anything because imgur doesn't work on this network, but I'm sure somebody can.

She did post her Dxdiag, but she edited her first post to add it to that.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:20 AM
I chuckled at the "System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M."

I'd check for overheating too, I had similar graphical glitches on some games shortly before the capacitors on my video card popped. You might need to clean out the fans/heatsinks or apply some more thermal paste.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Might be the game can't locate the card and/or doesn't recognize it properly.

Open the "PCNAME-PC-config-log" file in "C:\Users\PCNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs". This file shows what the game ran on the last time you played. Look under the "Graphics device info". If it doesn't show your card, your game probably doesn't recognize it, and may throw some bugs at you (but it's possible to fix).

Looks like this

So I guess it shows? If the "not found in database" info is not important.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'd check for overheating too, I had similar graphical glitches on some games shortly before the capacitors on my video card popped. You might need to clean out the fans/heatsinks or apply some more thermal paste.

Thank you for advice, I will surely check that.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:15 PM
Mine also shows the not found in database bit, though is using my graphic card(NVDIA), as I had to set it myself.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
She did post her Dxdiag, but she edited her first post to add it to that.

Oh, jeez, I am so sorry about that!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:55 PM
HWMonitor is pretty good to check for temperature. According to this thread the 200s can run up to 100 C but I'd be a bit nervous of anything over 85 C at load.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives