Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 Apartment mod - Updated for patch 1.55 - 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 12:13 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:08 AM by ani_

250 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 132 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Field Researcher
#51 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 7:47 PM
Is there anyway to increase the non-actives autonomy level?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 8:11 PM
Luisa's Bones: Yes, the apartment should remember who is active and inactive when you return to this household.

kiyasmom: Could you try resetting the lot and re-doing the apartments? maybe leave the dog out for now and just do it with humans. Also, are any of your sims supernaturals? I've only tested this with humans, if they are supernaturals, maybe there could be something there I have not taken into consideration.

Mera Benzema: Not with this mod, I'm sorry.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 10:17 PM
I tried it it works just fine I wish my sim could call his roomate when they're out... But still it's a great mod! Well done
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM
I will try it i just posted on EA forum how I miss APARTMENTS!
Test Subject
#55 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_

kiyasmom: Could you try resetting the lot and re-doing the apartments? maybe leave the dog out for now and just do it with humans. Also, are any of your sims supernaturals? I've only tested this with humans, if they are supernaturals, maybe there could be something there I have not taken into consideration.

Cheers, mate! Clean game and no issues. I don't know what caused the problem before and I haven't been able to recreate it, which is a blessing because the test household I threw together is actually growing on me. Thanks a bunch! This improves game play ten-fold!
PS, no Supernaturals as I uninstalled that expansion but one of the girls is a genie.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiyasmom
I am having an issue that no one else has mentioned: After switching between households I no longer have the icons to switch between sims living within the same household. I have a plumbob above the active Sim but I am not able to switch to another member. I am also using Master Controller and Awesomemod. Perhaps there is something I'm doing wrong?

I ran into this yesterday, and I was on a fresh save. I switched households just fine for a few times, but then one time I lost everyone's icons. I use MasterController, but I don't use any story progression mods due to my low end computer. I tried resetting the lot, but it didn't work. So I kicked everyone out to clipboard and replaced them with a fresh family. It's probably a conflict, but I really can't say what.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 4:03 PM
Ani, this is amazing - thank you so much! You are a genius
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I ran into this yesterday, and I was on a fresh save. I switched households just fine for a few times, but then one time I lost everyone's icons. I use MasterController, but I don't use any story progression mods due to my low end computer. I tried resetting the lot, but it didn't work. So I kicked everyone out to clipboard and replaced them with a fresh family. It's probably a conflict, but I really can't say what.

I'll have to keep an eye on this bug. This happened to me in one of my test hoods but this was when I was doing all type of crazy tests with the mod, but after I got the released version done, I've not stumbled into this issue.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#59 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 9:14 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention they are all witches, except for one genie. Not sure if that is helpful at all.
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 6:05 PM
Very cool mod! quick question though, is the maximum number of sims allowed on a lot still 8? even if you have moved them into a different "family" and their icons have disappeared?
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 4:02 AM
I just got this error message when I tried to switch to a different family:
"LoadActiveHousehold: A null value was found where an object instance was required." Up to that point, it was playing just fine for me.
I do admit that I have a lot of nraas hacks in my game but up until that point, everything with the apartment mod was playing fine. I just brought some family back from university. So maybe that has something to do with since I had established the different households before they left.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by locket89
Very cool mod! quick question though, is the maximum number of sims allowed on a lot still 8? even if you have moved them into a different "family" and their icons have disappeared?
If you have a mod that lets you have more than 8 in the house, then you can have more than 8 in the house. This mod doesn't change how many sims you can have, but it also doesn't check for any limits.

Quote: Originally posted by DreamladyK
I just got this error message when I tried to switch to a different family:
"LoadActiveHousehold: A null value was found where an object instance was required." Up to that point, it was playing just fine for me.
I do admit that I have a lot of nraas hacks in my game but up until that point, everything with the apartment mod was playing fine. I just brought some family back from university. So maybe that has something to do with since I had established the different households before they left.

Good notice, thank you. The mod checks for dead sims every time you switch, didn't take into consideration sending people to college. It's best to remove any sim you are sending to college from apartment households, so they are always active, before sending them to college before I fix this issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 1:33 PM
I must admit I was VERY skeptic at first, since I had past issues with mods that seemed complicated, but I wanted to try it out, and I must say - great job!

It's very easy to set up and use, even images look harder than actual work I ran a test family of 6 Sims and made them into 3 separate households. All worked fine.

I wish that mod would remove icons from portrait panel so it doesn't get crowded. Anyone knows how to do that?

5/5 for the mod! :D
Scholar
#64 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by urosh1994
I wish that mod would remove icons from portrait panel so it doesn't get crowded. Anyone knows how to do that?

5/5 for the mod! :D

I use Twallan's Portrait Panel for this. I disable 'Active Household' in Sims To List and enable 'Selected Sims' and then add the sims I want to be listed.
This works very well until you switch households however, but at least it is more flexible - you just set the selected sims you want again
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:00 PM
Oh man, I really wanted to use this mod, but it doesnt show up on kitchen > alarms, whats goin on? :\
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I use Twallan's Portrait Panel for this. I disable 'Active Household' in Sims To List and enable 'Selected Sims' and then add the sims I want to be listed.

Probably simpler to change the Column Filter to include "Only Selectable" sims.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 9:42 PM
my portraits vanished! ahh! and I just noticed that the money thing is now blank!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 9:46 PM
and it happens with two of my apartment families! I mean... not like I really care, the money works in build/buy and I'm not gonna spend much time in this one, but still...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#69 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 9:54 PM
Ani, I have been testing this mod out for two days and wanted to say that I am enjoying the way you have created it, made it easy to have real families living in the apartment building with my sims. I am not doing any switching right now, I tend to not switch families but will try it later. With your mod, Twallan's MC, mods from Bluegenjutsu, TwoftMama, and Shimod, I am having a ball! Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart, you have perked my imagination by sharing this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:03 AM
Just the mod i was waiting for thank you so much :D
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 4:26 AM
Ani - love the mod! Thanks. I noticed under improvements for the future you included "Disable EA roommates" to be lot specific instead of world specific. That would mean I could have one lot with your apartment controller with "EA roommates" disabled, and another lot without the controller with "EA roommates" enabled? Just asking because I currently have the controller on one lot and it works perfectly for my "apartment families", however on another lot I have a "regular" family who I wanted to have an "EA roommate" (someone to rent a room and pay the family weekly). The option popped up to enable roommates and it also allowed me to choose the number and gender, however no one ever showed up the next morning at 9am. I'm assuming it's because I have the controller installed in the game right? Just making sure I'm understanding correctly Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 6:50 PM
I seem to be having the same problem others are experiencing. At first, things work great, but so far in two households I've experimented with, after switching between families a few times (anywhere between 4 and 7 times, for me), the portraits, tiles, and information disappears. In one household, I can't get any family's information to show up correctly, and in the other, only one will show up correctly. I deleted all other mods I use, and am only using the basegame, so I don't have any special sims, and I started a clean neighborhood (Pleasant Valley), so it's got to be something with this mod itself. I used two EAxis-created families, first the one with four girls, (with Ayesha Ansari, etc.) just to test the mod. I put each girl in her own household, and started switching between families, only playing each one for a couple in-game hours. When I switched the 7th time, the portrait disappeared, the household funds went blank, and I could not switch between information tabs, simply being shown the last one I looked at, displaying information about the previous sim rather than the current one, and there was no list of portraits along the left side of the screen. When I went into Buy mode, it showed the correct amount of money for the current family. I switched to a different family and it showed up fine, but after switching between families more in that household, all of them became inaccessible, and I was no longer able to open Buy or Build mode.
I then switched to their next-door neighbors (with Cyl0n3 Sw0rd, etc.) and tried it out there. Again, I placed each individual in his/her own household and began switching between them. I was able to switch only 4 times before encountering a problem. In this case, the Sw0rd family still works just fine, but no others do. I noticed with this one that it always shows motives for Cycl0n3, and that the motives update correctly for him even when I'm trying to use a different family. The mood meter shows information for the currently selected sim, however.
I then switched back to the original household, just to see if switching households fixes anything, and no, it's still just the same as it was when I left. I have yet to try closing the game and reloading it, but I suspect it won't change anything. I will report back if it does make a difference, though.
I hope this information is useful. I really like this mod, but it seems like right now, I can only play with one family in each household.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 6:02 AM
igloolik: I'm sorry you and others are having this issue. I'll have to try and recreate this in my game so I can fix this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 4:52 AM
I have the same issue igloolik and others have mentioned. Disappearing portraits after switching between active families a few times, and money going blank. I reset the lot but that didn't fix the problem, had to kick them out of the house and move them into a new one... Other issues include roommate interaction options appearing multiple times. For example if I click on a Sim in the apartment that isn't part of the active family, I get the "Dismiss roommate" option twice. And other options show up 3/4 times. "Ask to clean up, ask to clean up, ask to clean up..." etc. Maybe that's an EA issue? Or it could be related to this mod, I don't know, didn't really use the apartment/roommate system until after I installed this. And another thing is, the doors won't unlock. I mean, when I set the locks and had the "laundry fail" issues, I decided to unlock all the doors so they could just do laundry, but then later the Sims were still unable to enter the room, I have to keep unlocking the doors even though I didn't reset the locks or anything. Not sure what's going on. Anyways, I hope the issues related to the mod can be fixed, as I'd miss playing without it. The first few Sim days that everything went smoothly was quite enjoyable. ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:40 AM
I needed THIS just like I need an extra day in my week! I also have several generations in a very large lot (some have more than one living area) and I've long since felt robbed by EA and their lack of options. I'll bet this tool is MUCH better than anything they could invent!
Page 3 of 11