Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 Apartment mod - Updated for patch 1.55 - 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 12:13 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:08 AM by ani_

250 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 132 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Scholar
#101 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 3:21 PM
With V2 all sims stay controllable when in the active family even after manically switching between 4 families.

I've noticed one thing with the roommate label in the relationship panel though and I don't know if it's just cosmetic or if it has any effect in game.
Basically, after a switch, only the members of the last active family are shown as roommates. On the other hand, any sims around during the switch are getting the label, too, though they aren't assigned to the lot. In one case, after the move in, the visiting mascot was shown with the roommate label in the actives relationship panel. Later, when a sim was at work or in school during the switch, the co-workers or classmates got the roommate label, too, no matter if they were EA created NPCs or other sims living in town.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#102 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
With V2 all sims stay controllable when in the active family even after manically switching between 4 families.

Can you try re-assigning the families and trying again? I've not had this problem when testing.
I'll have to look at the relationship thing, thanks for reporting these bugs.
Scholar
#103 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Can you try re-assigning the families and trying again? I've not had this problem when testing.

Sorry if I wasn't clear here. I've meant that it works, the sims are controllable with working panels when they are in the active family, even after many switches.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#104 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 5:30 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear here. I've meant that it works, the sims are controllable with working panels when they are in the active family, even after many switches.
yay ^_^
Test Subject
#105 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 11:12 PM
Sounds like you are using the original call box. This mod's controller is cloned from the call box but it inherits the painting class. Please make sure you select the right object and if you still have problems post a comment.

Thank you for the clarification! Now it's working. I can be so stupid at times. Thanks for your help, and your mod is awesome!
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:56 AM
This is great! I have no problems with the mod yet, but my playable family lost a lot of simoleons when I started because I put the amount that they had accumulated and with the mod there funds went to zero? Maybe I didn't do it right? Also, how do you reverse this? Dismiss all the roomates? Delete the apt. call box?
Test Subject
#107 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
This is great! I have no problems with the mod yet, but my playable family lost a lot of simoleons when I started because I put the amount that they had accumulated and with the mod there funds went to zero? Maybe I didn't do it right? Also, how do you reverse this? Dismiss all the roomates? Delete the apt. call box?

I deleted every family using "delete family" and it went back to normal with all sims showing up
Test Subject
#108 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:38 PM
Ani im having a problem. Ive put in packages. I run the game. I select your mod from alarms and BOOM! Game crashes!! Can anyone help me ???
Test Subject
#109 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightwoods
I believe the differences are that in late night and ul is that you cannot have more than one playable apartment in ln and you can't have roomates. In UL you can have both of these but the roommates aren't playable. Ani's mod is great because you can control the sims and switch between them easily.

Thanks a lot for claryfing this
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#110 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by syedbilal
Ani im having a problem. Ive put in packages. I run the game. I select your mod from alarms and BOOM! Game crashes!! Can anyone help me ???

The thing that first comes to mind is
- are you updated to the correct patch
- have you tried without other mods to see if something is conflicting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 5:41 AM
I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. I'll inform you as im done
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#112 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 9:56 PM
Awesome, I just now noticed that you have a V2! Going to give it a try! ^o^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 11:12 PM
Oh Bravo! I have wanted apartments for my families, so now I cannot wait to test it out. Thank you Ani I think I love you.
Field Researcher
#114 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:24 AM

I've noticed one thing with the roommate label in the relationship panel though and I don't know if it's just cosmetic or if it has any effect in game.
Basically, after a switch, only the members of the last active family are shown as roommates. On the other hand, any sims around during the switch are getting the label, too, though they aren't assigned to the lot. In one case, after the move in, the visiting mascot was shown with the roommate label in the actives relationship panel. Later, when a sim was at work or in school during the switch, the co-workers or classmates got the roommate label, too, no matter if they were EA created NPCs or other sims living in town.

I think the room mates label bug is not a V2 problem because I only have the first version and also have this bug. My Sim is in the day care profession and every child and toddler that gets dropped off is considered a room mate, so the room mates label is appearing on random children and toddlers when I looked in the relationships panel. This doesn't seem to have any effect on game play (for me anyways), it seems to just be cosmetic. Glad to see the fixes of V2 are working though! Gotta re-download now, love this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:47 AM
Thanks a lot Ani!! I updated the game and it worked
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:18 AM
Been using v2 for a little while now and it seems to be working great. Now i just need to add in my old mods, updated to the current patch, one by one to make sure none conflict.
I didn't mention before, but I'm using just the base game.
Scholar
#117 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 8:26 AM
V2 version doesn't fix bug- no active sims after switching household,for me.Still the same problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#118 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
V2 version doesn't fix bug- no active sims after switching household,for me.Still the same problem.

Can you tell me, the person who should be active, are they considered as roommates, even though they should be active?

If yes, one thing you could try is reset the apartment, and re-create the families. If the person has multiple roommate interactions from the previous version (or is considerred to be a roommate even tough they shouldn't), the previous version's bug might still be affecting your current situation.

It's always possible that you are having a different bug that causes the same symptom so I'll be needing your help to fix this if I can't reproduce this in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 6:45 AM
Been looking for something like this, can't wait to try out! Thanks!
Scholar
#120 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 7:44 AM
Can you tell me, the person who should be active, are they considered as roommates, even though they should be active?

If yes, one thing you could try is reset the apartment, and re-create the families. If the person has multiple roommate interactions from the previous version (or is considerred to be a roommate even tough they shouldn't), the previous version's bug might still be affecting your current situation.

It's always possible that you are having a different bug that causes the same symptom so I'll be needing your help to fix this if I can't reproduce this in my game.

I try to do like you say,but it seems does't fix problem......
One fact you should know-in that lot there are more than 8 sims,so maybe this cause a problem...
Test Subject
#121 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 1:35 PM
I seem to experience the same problem with disappearing icons, panels and plumbobs, but in my case this bug somehow spread all over my town and made all the families living there unplayable: the guys are still seen and, according to the Story Progression messages, they keep functioning, but there are no icons and panels thus they are uncontrollable. I tried to create a new family and build them a house on a newly created lot, but the same thing happened again. I then saved one of my existing families in the bin and located them in another town, and the problem got finally solved there. I actually had a family created exactly for testing this mod, and everything was Ok, but then I moved them all out and this is where it all started. So here's what I think, maybe I should have restored the default settings of the mod first, like, you know, I created a household A and a household B, so, maybe I should have merged them back together before moving them out?
Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks a lot for the mod cause it's a really good and useful one, it's just that I have probably done smth wrong
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#122 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inamorada
I seem to experience the same problem with disappearing icons, panels and plumbobs, but in my case this bug somehow spread all over my town and made all the families living there unplayable: the guys are still seen and, according to the Story Progression messages, they keep functioning, but there are no icons and panels thus they are uncontrollable. I tried to create a new family and build them a house on a newly created lot, but the same thing happened again. I then saved one of my existing families in the bin and located them in another town, and the problem got finally solved there. I actually had a family created exactly for testing this mod, and everything was Ok, but then I moved them all out and this is where it all started. So here's what I think, maybe I should have restored the default settings of the mod first, like, you know, I created a household A and a household B, so, maybe I should have merged them back together before moving them out?
Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks a lot for the mod cause it's a really good and useful one, it's just that I have probably done smth wrong

Might have something to do with not merging them first because then part of the family will be roommates. But I can't really come up with any explanation whey would this effect other households, if something happens, it should be this household only.
Test Subject
#123 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 8:42 AM
Might have something to do with not merging them first because then part of the family will be roommates. But I can't really come up with any explanation whey would this effect other households, if something happens, it should be this household only.

Thank you, I will just keep testing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 2:26 PM
This is exactly what I ever wanted for TS3! Woohoo! :D
Thanks a lot for this mod! I will directly install and test it!
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 2:26 PM
Hi, a similar question has come up before, but do you need university for this or just the 1.50 patch?
Page 5 of 11