Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 4:34 AM
Default Food Quality Affects Relationship Status
Hi, there, MTS Geniuses!

I had an idea today that I thought would make for a great mod, but I have absolutely no modding experience or any idea if it would be possible. I decided to post it here in the hopes that one of three things can happen:

1. Someone who knows what's what can tell me that it's not possible.
2. Someone who knows what's what can make this mod happen and post it for all the world to enjoy.
3. Someone who knows what's what can tell me that it is possible and point me in the right direction to get started doing it myself.

Anyway, here's the idea in a nutshell:
The Sims 4 keeps track of who made a given dish of food as well as the quality of said dish. With those two bits of information, shouldn't it be possible to make it so that eating food can positively or negatively impact the relationship between the cook and the sim eating the food? (In other words, if Sim A eats a good dish prepared by Sim B, shouldn't Sim A like Sim B a little better? Conversely, if Sim A eats a poor-quality dish prepared by Sim B, shouldn't Sim A like Sim B a little less?)

Considerations (all of these are just my opinion and are open for discussion):
1. The relationship gain or loss should be pretty small. I'm thinking one point per quality level above or below neutral (edible?).
2. The higher the quality, the bigger the relationship gain.
3. The lower the quality, the bigger the relationship loss.
4. Spoiled food should provide the biggest relationship loss, regardless of what the original quality was (assuming the game even tracks that).
5. Quality of the cookies your sim can cook when flirty should affect both regular and romantic relationship status (assuming they can have different quality - I never paid attention).

That's about all I've got. Looking forward to finding out if this is possible and hopefully using this is in my game.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.