Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing mail
Robot has done something to mail. I have overturned everything including plants looking for it, but no luck. Now, the repo man is very busy. Help! Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:41 PM
@JustJones move this to Help.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:44 PM
Click on the mailbox. Choose "pay all bills." You don't have to find the mail. The sim will.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:22 PM
Ok, I have directed the sims to get the mail, and they go to the box, just look at it. All sims on the lot have done same. The repo man has made 2 visits already. The sims are wealthy enough to keep replacing their losses. Only affecting 1 family
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:25 PM
My main computer is at the techs. with windows problems, so playing on old xp until I get my good one back.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dnsouthldy
Robot has done something to mail. I have overturned everything including plants looking for it, but no luck. Now, the repo man is very busy. Help! Thank you

With Paladin site gone now the auto payment mod is also gone.

I will upload it here for now and a mod may remove it once they see it.

Bulbasaur001 has uploaded all SW mods here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/15672/
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SW-Automatic-Bill-Payer.zip (275.2 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:40 PM
The hardware probably doesn't have anything to do with this. It's almost certainly a bad bit of CC or a mod conflict.

Back up your game by making a copy of the neighborhood folder and putting it somewhere safe.

Now, pull out your Downloads folder. Move it to the same place you put your back up.

Load the game, open the afflicted family, try again. If they can pay the bills now, you know that the problem is in the Downloads folder and you can use the procedure described in the Game Help FAQ (which you would have been directed to, had you put this in the correct forum, before you were allowed to make the post) to figure out which piece(s) of custom content are creating the problem. It won't take as long as you think it will, I promise.

If the problem remains with the Downloads folder missing, you know that the problem isn't in there and can try the other things suggested in the FAQ. I suggest not putting the Downloads folder back yet, though, because the game will load faster without it, and you may have to close and open the game more than once during testing.

Once you've figured out the problem, delete the original neighborhood folder (which is now messy from having all that testing done on it), move the Downloads and backed up copy of the neighborhood back into your Sims 2 folder, perform the action (removing a single mod, moving the family to another lot, whatever) that you now know will fix the problem, and resume play.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:45 PM
The lot debugger has a option called Nuke...Stuck Bills. Maybe try that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th May 2018 at 10:22 PM
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I will try your suggestions, but just a bit later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2018 at 12:49 AM
Problem appears to be resolved. Thanks to everyone who has posted with your suggestions and guidance.