Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Beckkyy : 22nd May 2018 at 10:31 PM.
Sims 3: My sims put on random clothes (not everyday) after taking a shower/bath (EVERYTIME they shower/taking bath)
Hello!
So recently my game have been acting up. Whenever after a sim have showered or taking a bath they put on random clothes (not the everyday clothing that they should) and the outfit is often included with ski glasses.
I have tried re-install the game a couple of times but it doesn't work, I have tried uninstall some cc (all of them) cause I was thinking that my game maybe had too much cc in it. But that is not the case either. Anyway, I don't know what else to do and I don't know what is causing the bug/glitch either. So if there is someone that have had this issue or having it, and know what to do PLEASE help me out!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:42 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try following the Game Problem guide:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

I have literally tried everything on that list and my computer is a beast..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:48 AM
You created fresh userdata? And it happens on all sims?
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Does your sim have the "insane" trait?

Not OP, but I had the same issue, and my sims does indeed have this trait, so thanks for the explanation !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:50 PM

I think so, yeah it happens to all my sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:51 PM
Does your sim have the "insane" trait?

No, they don't have the insane trait
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:52 PM

I tried delete all the cache files, but didn't help
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd May 2018 at 9:25 PM
@Beckkyy Try following the guide I linked you to; this tells you how to create a fresh set of user data (where it says 'Rename User Files').

If this works then it will show that the problem is with your userdata; if not then the problem is with your game data.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:18 PM
@Beckkyy Try following the guide I linked you to; this tells you how to create a fresh set of user data (where it says 'Rename User Files').

If this works then it will show that the problem is with your userdata; if not then the problem is with your game data.

I'll try this out aswell. But when I asked EA for help they said that one of the only solution was if there was a patch :/ so I hope this work! Otherwise..yeah I don't know
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:27 PM
This tells you how to patch your game and has a link to the superpatcher:
Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki

Are you on Origin, Steam or Disc version of the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:40 AM
This tells you how to patch your game and has a link to the superpatcher:
Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki

Are you on Origin, Steam or Disc version of the game?

I'm on Origin and have the latest patch version: 1.69
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:49 AM
In sims 3, sims can have a max of 3 different everyday outfits they can switch between. Have you checked to see if this random outfit isn't one of their extra outfits?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In sims 3, sims can have a max of 3 different everyday outfits they can switch between. Have you checked to see if this random outfit isn't one of their extra outfits?

I know you can select to have more then one outfit for everyday and so on, but I haven't selected more then one at the moment. So that is not the case either. :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2018 at 2:04 AM

I tried rename the file and "started over" but it didn't work :/ I discovered that the outfit they put on actually is the work wear. Well yeah I have a sim that is self employed (painter) but even if this sim is a self employed they shouldn't have this bug..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:18 AM
It's not a bug. Now I get it, it makes sense now.

Your sim will change clothes after shower and if they're within a certain time close to work, they will change into their work clothes.

In most jobs, even the rabbithole jobs, the 1st or 2nd level of the job do not have uniforms. In those cases, the sims will wear "normal" everyday clothes. In the older versions and still in most cases, their everyday clothes is copied to the career outfit. But after some update, they decide to get "cute" and random those clothes for you.

There is no way around this other than using "testingcheatsenabled true" and edit those sims in CAS and change their work outfit manual.

You can reduce the "funky" random clothing by using the CASP editor, but it is not a guarantee. I have a very tight restriction on my available random clothing and I still get mismatches.

Sims 3 CASP Editor

Oh..thank you so much for the information!
So this change clothes to work clothes happens any sims when it's worktime? Makes sense now yeah. I have a mod that allows me to go into CAS whenever I want (Master Controller) a life saver haha.