Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:46 AM
Movie help: High School
Hi everyone.

So, I've created my own high school for my sims to attend for a movie I'm making. I downloaded a few things from Simlogical, including the sign that stops the school bus from coming and I have enabled the sign myself (I have two sims living there since the school is a residential lot)

As the sign promised, my sims can now be driven to school instead of the bus, but how do I actually get to play with them in the school itself? Once, they've been taken, I can't use them until they get home, which is annoying because I need to use them in the school itself to make this movie work.

Am I missing something here?

-Emily
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:01 PM
I've moved this to the discussion forum, since it's not a movie (yet!).

Depending on whether the school is a community or a residential lot, you have a few options. If it's a residential lot, juts invite all the students round and make them selectable using InSim, SimBlender, the Simlogical teleporter cat, or any one of the many other hacks with that ability. If it's a community lot, you'll have to send one household of students to the lot, and then use a hack to get the other there - I would use the InSimenator's Summoner object, or you could probably use a Simlogical meeting controller or something - and, again, make them selectable and have them do whatever you want to film.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:21 PM
You need to use a few more items from the Simlogical school to make a proper school.

You need a school bell to start and finish the school. It also lets you appoint a principal. You also need a pupil token for each pupil who is to attend the school. Use the pupil tokens to enrol them.

Start the school with the school bell. All the enrolled pupils (and any teachers who don't live in the school) will be teleported in and hang around near the school bell. You don't actually need a separate teleporter.

To actually get them to do classwork (gradework), you'll also need at least one classroom controller and a class table (or class place) for every pupil in the class. If you don't give them some gradework (or if they mess around and don't do it) their grades with slowly decline and children (as opposed to teens) may get taken away by the social worker.

Read everything carefully on the Simlogical School pages. It does explain everything quite well. Even I eventually managed to understand it. There's even a short tutorial on running a simple school.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:35 PM
You can watch Jessa Let's Play Part 17 In Which The Orphans Go to School at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed8GkZNqy9k - start 7:55
And part two at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45chnCbv50
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:53 PM
To run the school, you need to be on the school lot. The pupils arrive by teleportation, rather than by car, but you wouldn't have to run it as a proper school if you're just making a movie, you could just have a community lot (and MogHughson's "Park in the Car Park" mod) rather than the whole Simlogical school thing.

I don't think you would need a sign if your sims live at the school lot, just use the school changer to change them to flexischool, and don't give the adults any jobs.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:30 PM
It seems like you're making the school for filming purposes and not playing purposes.

I'm going to assume the school is one of the sets and not the only set.

You could have one or more sims there along with a something to teleport the other sims there (ie sim blender). Once they're there, you do all the filming you need. Some cheats could help like static motives, sethour, etc so time won't progress that much and motives won't decay. After you're done and you exit the lot, the teleported sims will be in their original places. You can do this with any lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I've moved this to the discussion forum, since it's not a movie (yet!).

Depending on whether the school is a community or a residential lot, you have a few options. If it's a residential lot, juts invite all the students round and make them selectable using InSim, SimBlender, the Simlogical teleporter cat, or any one of the many other hacks with that ability. If it's a community lot, you'll have to send one household of students to the lot, and then use a hack to get the other there - I would use the InSimenator's Summoner object, or you could probably use a Simlogical meeting controller or something - and, again, make them selectable and have them do whatever you want to film.

Is there a download link for InSimenator's Summoner object? I can't seem to find one anywhere...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 5:49 PM
Also, whenever I enroll more than one sim to my school, I can only play as one of them :/

Oh, and can I add sims from a different neighborhood to the school?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:02 PM
You cannot add sims from another neighborhood, because neighborhoods are completely separate.
Inventor
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emo-otaku
Is there a download link for InSimenator's Summoner object? I can't seem to find one anywhere...

If it's just about summoning sims, the blender can do the same for you.
I did take a look if I could find what you asked, but no luck so far. But the summoning is a part of the InSimenator, I assume, so find that and you're set?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
If it's just about summoning sims, the blender can do the same for you.
I did take a look if I could find what you asked, but no luck so far. But the summoning is a part of the InSimenator, I assume, so find that and you're set?

Well, I did use the SimBlender and it summoned them, but I can't play as any of them :/

Also, I noticed that when I enroll a sim, I can play with them, but when I go onto buy mode and then exit, I can no longer use them.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:40 PM
If you use the Simlogical school system, all the enrolled pupils (including townies if you enrol any) are selectable. So are the teachers. You can use the school bell to start and finish the school manually, so you can keep everyone there as long as you like. Similarly you can start and finish individual classes manually. For filming purposes that seems the best way to do it. (You can set the school (and classes) to start and finish at set times every day, which can be useful for normal play, but not, I think, for filming.) Although the Simlogical school is intended for normal gameplay, I don't see why you can't use it for filming too, especially since you have it already. Like the Sims themselves, I find the school system very flexible.

{[EDIT] If your pupils become unselectable, after using Buy Mode, you can end school with the school bell and then start it again. Then they'll all be selectable again.

By the way, Simlogical schools are designed to be run on Residential lots.}

The only really safe way to include Sims from other neighbourhoods is to extract their appearance in SimPE, and then clone them in Body Shop. I can try to find detailed instructions for this if you like.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emo-otaku
Well, I did use the SimBlender and it summoned them, but I can't play as any of them :/

If you want to control the summoned sim, you'll have to make them selectable. Then they are temporarily added to the household, until you unselect them again and send them home or unsummon them (clear off).
At least, it shóuld work that way.

In case you just couldn't find the insimenator hack, but prefer that. I found this thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=340418
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:28 AM
If you want complete control over them, just add them all to one big family. You can split them up later.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...