Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 3:24 AM
Default Single gender neighbourhood: Nraas or other mods
Hi everyone

It's pretty much as the title suggests; does anyone know how/if it's possible to set up a single gender neighborhood? I'm not really sure how to approach it and don't want to break anything in regards to creating or maintaining NPC's or homeless sims.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:34 AM
You might be able to do it with NRAAS register and set it to no immigration, and NRAAS SP and set immigration to a single gender (IIRC, the options are "balanced", "Random", "Male" and "female".)
You need register because it brings in sims for service roles independently of NRAAS SP immigration.
Of course, you need to start with an empty town but you can use NRAAS SP's rapid immigration feature to bring in a number of families.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 11:16 AM
Births: SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy > Newborn Gender or try Same Sex-Same Gender > True if you want same gender procreation
New Households Immigrating In: SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Immigrant Gender

Role Sims: Use Register to assign them yourself as said

Service Sims: SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Service Sims (and Roommate) with Immigrants
Then SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Service Immigrant Gender
(SP Population add-on module required for these)

Am pretty sure the Grim Reaper and the Time Traveler, although also Service Sims themselves, will always be male as they would be exempt from the SP > Options:Sims replacements.

There's a few places where this will fail as time goes on, let's see if I can remember what they are. One is that there is no way to control the gender of sims born into a world among multiple births, meaning twins, triplets, quads, beyond the first born. The gender of the second baby and beyond will always be random and even apples/watermelons won't help. Another might be adoptions if allowed on the inactive households, not as sure about that one. A third is out of world tourists, if those are allowed. And finally, vehicle drivers (taxi cabs, carpool, limo, school bus) as I'm not sure which force spawns those and it might not be controllable if it's not the Service Sim one above.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Births: SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy > Newborn Gender or try Same Sex-Same Gender > True if you want same gender procreation
New Households Immigrating In: SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Immigrant Gender

Role Sims: Use Register to assign them yourself as said

Service Sims: SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Service Sims (and Roommate) with Immigrants
Then SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Service Immigrant Gender
(SP Population add-on module required for these)

Am pretty sure the Grim Reaper and the Time Traveler, although also Service Sims themselves, will always be male as they would be exempt from the SP > Options:Sims replacements.

There's a few places where this will fail as time goes on, let's see if I can remember what they are. One is that there is no way to control the gender of sims born into a world among multiple births, meaning twins, triplets, quads, beyond the first born. The gender of the second baby and beyond will always be random and even apples/watermelons won't help. Another might be adoptions if allowed on the inactive households, not as sure about that one. A third is out of world tourists, if those are allowed. And finally, vehicle drivers (taxi cabs, carpool, limo, school bus) as I'm not sure which force spawns those and it might not be controllable if it's not the Service Sim one above.

Don't forget that you could also change their gender in CAS with Master Controller for the males that the game generate if that fails although that may be a little too time consuming I could imagine depending on how many sims are in your town.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 3:19 PM
Oh that sounds really simple, thanks for the responses everyone. Will try these as soon as I get back on.

I've not been using Nraas that long, but it's really impressive what it can do. Really appreciate that you listed the menus Igazor, I'd be getting lost going through some of them!

The Time Traveller and the Reaper always being male is fine, it's an all-male neighbourhood I'm after!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:40 PM
Wasn't sure which way you were going with that, but have to say I'm a little disappointed. Not in your choice, I mean that I would love to see a female Reaper if anyone has ever been able to arrange for one without their game exploding on them.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 3:56 AM
Why in the world would mentioning liking to see a female Reaper rack up Disagrees? Does this notion offend someone? Maybe I should have stuck with the Time Traveler.
Site Helper
#8 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:52 AM
The disagreers had better not ever buy a Disc World novel involving Susan... they would be wasting their money.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 5:12 AM
Perhaps some have a problem with women in authority in general?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12J3PCai5A