Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:25 AM
Stop apartment neighbors from being so nosy
Every time my sims play music or cook something good, one of the neighbors will knock on the door and ask to come over. Its always awkward cause then eventually the "guess you don't want to be disturbed" notification comes up.

Is there a mod out there that can stop this? I tried looking through options in MCC but so far I'm having no such luck.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:51 PM
I get that a lot when I have a single sim neighbor who lives alone, I guess they got nothing better to do.

Not sure of any mod, but you can just evict them from household management screen then you will have no neighbors to bother you.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I get that a lot when I have a single sim neighbor who lives alone, I guess they got nothing better to do.

Not sure of any mod, but you can just evict them from household management screen then you will have no neighbors to bother you.

In my game I moved away from the city because of it.. it was too much
even disabling those stuff with SCAM didn't help, as the neighbor would stay in the hallway, and get his needs to the red zone, instead of going to his own place..

Evicting them would be the solution indeed..
but it happens with both singles and not so singles neighbors, at least for me it did..
#4 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:18 PM
i've been recently having issues with this and I found the solution: use the unlocked traits and make your apartment quiet. Haven't had any issues since.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
i've been recently having issues with this and I found the solution: use the unlocked traits and make your apartment quiet. Haven't had any issues since.

Where you find those? I have had similar issues however in my case the neighbors just... walks right into my apartment and use my computer...
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Where you find those? I have had similar issues however in my case the neighbors just... walks right into my apartment and use my computer...

I believe they referring to this mod:
http://modthesims.info/d/588254

but it says in the description that the quiet trait doesn't do anything
and the mod that go with it (to unlock the related objects) is not updated as far as I can tell
#7 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:08 PM
there's two different quiet traits. the peace and quiet one is different then the just quiet one that before this mod was hidden. With the quiet one you still have the festivals and the parties/"Lovemaking" things from the other tenants but you no longer see the visual fx and it doesn't disturb you. I can also attest that the unlocking the related items with the mentioned mod does still work and i do have season and latest patch.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:29 AM
I tried living in the Sims 4 apartments once. Every night the neighbors played music so loud my sim -- a COP -- couldn't sleep. Too much like real life, sorry.

<glares at real neighbors who only stare at you if you ask them to turn down the outside boombox at eleven o'clock>