Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural, Seasons
Default The Sims 3: University installer in different language
I recently bought the Sims 3: University at my local Walmart.
However, when I run the installer, it's in either Chinese or Japanese. I am very scared of installing it as I want my game to stay English but I have also heard that if my base game is in English, the EP will install in English.
My game is at 1.69 and is connected to Origin.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:04 AM
Hm, it doesn't ask what language you want to use at any point? I don't think installing it would lead to your game being changed to a different language altogether, it probably just won't work. Someone with more technical knowledge will have better information, but you might just want to take it back to Walmart and exchange it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jdewdrop
Hm, it doesn't ask what language you want to use at any point? I don't think installing it would lead to your game being changed to a different language altogether, it probably just won't work. Someone with more technical knowledge will have better information, but you might just want to take it back to Walmart and exchange it.

I am actually afraid of going past the first screen so I don't actually know if it would ask me that. The installer for my base game was in English and my base game + all of my digital downloads are in English.
Thanks for trying to help though
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:40 AM Last edited by igazor : 21st Jul 2018 at 2:04 AM.
May I ask please, if most or all of your game is Origin digital, why would you want to be installing Uni by way of disc? Does the disc not come with an Origin code that will allow you to install the EP by way of Origin instead? It's going to end up controlled by Origin anyway since you are on 1.69.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM
Update: I finally got the guts to actually install it and it was in English. I guess it's just the installer that's in another language.
Thanks for responding