Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 7:32 PM
I might make a .zip full of hobo things for you guys to enjoy, if that's allowed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:24 AM
What f you do not have any mods that allow you to sleep on the floor.
Test Subject
#253 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:07 AM
Never mind about the mod thing I get now that you just wait for them to pass out.
Test Subject
#254 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
Well here is my Sim.
Her name is Sierra Rich.
PS: is it ok if she gets offered a job.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#255 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 2:02 AM
Hi! I hope you see this, but if not, I'll just improvise. I love this challenge, and I just wanted to know if you are allowed to adopt a stray pet (a completely chance-based event) and get the pet a job? The challenge, although fun, can get repetitive sometimes, and I wanted to spice things up!
Instructor
#256 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:19 AM
It looks like in the past some people have gotten a pet, but not given the pet a job as that's a little bit of an unfair advantage for earning money. (I agree, though, this challenge does get very repetitive quickly.)
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:56 AM
I started this challenge. Was quite pleased when I finally made enough moola for a foldable chair. My sim was sitting in it and passed out. It was so funny. Now she goes to the chair to sleep all the time. This is not a custom content but the one that comes with Bon Voyage I would assume? It's Maxis anyways.

So I noticed people asking how to keep the comfort level up and I suggest getting them to complete red then have them sit. See if it works for you.

I must admit that I have smudged the rules.

I imagine that my hobo is in a lot on the outskirts of town where no one really is paying much attention in the forest. There she can relieve herself (come on, think about camping) and there is a creek for fishing and she can cook fish on an open fire without major worries. She keeps it nice and low for a even cook anyways. A small tent that is portable. a cooler (mini fridge), a small patch for gardening that she hides, and I'm sure anything else I can talk myself into that seems reasonable.

Although, I did put her cash down to $0 after buying the lot and paying for the trees. She doesn't have much opportunities for making money. The neighborhood isn't setup with cafes and discos. She can only paint but most often she is ready to pass out before she can sell her painting so loses it. I just read about freestyling for tips and will try that. I let her sell her fish because if I didn't she would be so goner. I think it would be easier for her to sell the fish at the docks or to townies she knows then getting a job as a barista or a dj since she doesn't have a phone number or an address or even proper cleaning facilities.

Anyways, having fun!
Test Subject
#258 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 11:33 AM
Yesssss. I'm starting this challenge right now!
Mad Poster
#259 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:25 PM
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587267

For anyone who wants a more hardcore challenge
Test Subject
#260 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 8:24 PM
I've always tried to play a challenge, but got distracted and/or bored and/or couldn't stop using cheats instead.

This one seemed nice and hard, so I still decided to give it a try.

A first, I wanted to buy a tent, because where I live irl, homeless people have tents offered to them so they can shelter themselves from the elements and afford some privacy, so that would have disqualified me from the beginning. So I - bravely - resisted and I'm now saving money to buy an easel and a long chair (so my sim can sleep)...
Her name is Adelina Hagg and I hope I'll keep the distance !
Test Subject
#261 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:45 PM
Can u use the aspiration reward that lets you sleep and cook at someone elses house?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#262 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:00 PM
What aspiration reward does that and how did I miss it?
Mad Poster
#263 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:20 PM
Funny thread to follow. I want my OWN realism! My "hobo" is "mentally challenged" - tweaked to be unfriendly and messy, he loves grilled cheese - not that he could MAKE it, but his Mommy used to. His money was spent buying trees and such, he stole some books from the library (they had it coming! They kept chasing him out for getting dirt everywhere), and he picked up a street dog for company. Thanks to some mods, he has a lean-to out of scraps, and can pee on bushes. He doesn't like people - they are scary! but he needs money for dog food, and what about when he needs to do more than PEE! or finally even wants a shower? (wish there was a mod that made them not care about dirt, around them or ON them). The only place that will allow him in is the park; they have a shower and toilets, and he can play his guitar for money. He won't do anything else there, and if anyone tries to talk to him he will run away or pick a fight. To me that is realism. Oh, and why NOT Fall? he would never intentionally STUDY! But he doesn't live where there is snow - even a crazy homeless guy can freeze to death!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 11 of 11