Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Quick update:

Finished shell of Ruined Keep, it needs furnishing on the insides.

A low-lying and stout building harking back to the early days of the Thallian Crusades, Lughaven Keep predates Praaven Castle but has fallen into partial ruin. Nowadays, it serves as the main base for the bandits and people of lesser law in the world.

I'm currently reading TheWheelOfTime-series and these two pictures TOTALLY remind me of the Borderlanders Especially in the first few books when Nyneave, Rand and the Amyrlin all meet there and Rand tries to escape ober the big walls, cos the front entrance is full of soldiers keeping him in - this is inspiring and awesome as usual.

Since its just a few houses I guess it will even run fluently on elder computers, big increase compared to the Ex-city of yours. Well done.

Still struggling with CAW :x
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lowrisim
Before we all resign ourselves to IT WON"T WORK unless we revert to patch level 1.36 I would like some help testing some alternatives. As jje1000 is very busy if someone else is available to do some testing it would really help.

1. someone patched to 1.42 check to see if the lots work in your game. (check that I have done it right )
2. someone with 1.36 see if they work in your game (tested by jje1000 could not be placed)

both zipped http://www.mediafire.com/?k3e982i391wj1aw
gatehouse http://www.mediafire.com/?shgruzctuema7z4
main Lot http://www.mediafire.com/?u9zr05eze84dr8q

These are work in progress lots, Gate house and main lot for Monastery, made with 1.42 patch level. They are package files from the library folder and can be put in your library folder. NOT IN DOWNLOAD FOLDER or Launcher

They should work in games patched to 1.42 so that is just the control group I don't think they will work in games patched to 1.36, so that is the real test. It is worth a try... as it would be the easiest work around

I am patched up, and both of your lots showed up in my inventory and I was able to place them in my game. It took a while for the monastery to process, but it was placed.

It looked nice, too! Good work on that! And good luck to you all with figuring this quirk out (if it hasn't been figured out yet)...
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:32 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 30th Nov 2012 at 3:38 AM. Reason: add photos
lulume... Thanks so much for making sure it would place in a patched game. Lets at least me know for sure it is a patch issue, and not the way I uploaded the lots.

For clarification jje1000 did the outside. and pick the CAS themes.

and I too noticed how long it took to place it. Since i probably have to redo it, thinking I might need to scale back a bit on items.

jje1000 did you see the suggestion in the other thread... to try exporting the lots from you library and reloading??? another long shot...
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
jje1000,
If the lot is showing up in your library, have you tried hitting the share button on it, then reinstalling it? You might have to delete the old one first. I don't know if this would work or not, just a thought.

Will work on pictures tomorrow. You need them either way. How do you want them.
1. in this thread
2. in a new thread
3. file you can down load?

photos of layout of monastery added : The dinning should be on the south range (West to east the south range should be kitchen, dinning, warming room) and the cellar and stores should be on the west range. But with the front entry and garden area where they were this layout is what I came up with. I knew the basic elements... but was unaware until researching a layout that the layout was so standard so monks could move from house to house and still find their way around... kinda like the Roman military camps/forts. Question is do you care that the rooms are not exactly were they would be for most monasteries. Maybe sims are not all from Benedictine heritage orders
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:08 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 30th Nov 2012 at 4:26 AM.
Tried it and it didn't work :/

Posting in this thead would be fine, though if you want others' opinons (and some extra publicity), a new thread for lots you're working on would be much better.

Edit: Your lot looks great! However, it looks like you've exceeded the roof coverage in the couryard, which has switched the lighing system from the exterior one to the interior (there are two lighting systems in the game). In order to keep the exterior lighting system, roof coverage has to be less than 1/2 the enclosed room.

Also keep in mind that this will probably be a community lot, so the domitories will likely be in the two buildings beside the main monastery building. These current ones can probably be kept as extra 'flavor' bedrooms, though! The kitchen can also make use of the square tower in the corner, perhaps the stove can be adjacent to the warming rooms (where a fireplace can also be placed). A final thought would be to rethink the stables and gardens, the current ones were temporary ones for show, perhaps rotating the stables 90 degrees and attaching it to the main building might help in creating a larger open space for horses to turn around. The gardens are also not necessarily fixed in their location, so place them where you please! Awesome work anyways.

Sims in this world are part of the Peteran Order
Instructor
#80 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:35 PM
A double walled city certainly brings Carcasonne to mind, doesn't it?

I certainly would like to see a modern variation. This would be an excellent tourist destination, using Twallan's traveller mod. Many medieval cities have survived into the modern era -- Segovia, Spain is one of my favorites. Modernizing the city probably would not require that much work.

Just imagine how the city would change over 500 years. Some buildings would be ruinous, while others would be modernized. If you would want to get really funky, have it in East Europe with some Soviet Ugly architecture.

If you don't make a modern version, I would hope the CAW build files would be available, so others, like me, could modernize it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
A double walled city certainly brings Carcasonne to mind, doesn't it?

I certainly would like to see a modern variation. This would be an excellent tourist destination, using Twallan's traveller mod. Many medieval cities have survived into the modern era -- Segovia, Spain is one of my favorites. Modernizing the city probably would not require that much work.

Just imagine how the city would change over 500 years. Some buildings would be ruinous, while others would be modernized. If you would want to get really funky, have it in East Europe with some Soviet Ugly architecture.

If you don't make a modern version, I would hope the CAW build files would be available, so others, like me, could modernize it.

That was actually part of my initial intentions, a world that could be played from the medieval ages (or even earlier?) up to the modern era. The first three worlds would have been this world, one set in the 1800s, and finally one either set after WWII or in the current day. Unfortunately, I have time only to finish one of them, but if people are willing to work under my supervision (quality control), the other two worlds could be made.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 7:18 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 1st Dec 2012 at 4:38 AM. Reason: question and tried to make fix muttle and failed :)
jje1000 would it be possible and not too much trouble to have the these decorative "boat docs on actual lots? I planned on just adding them myself to use as boat landings but the land is unroutable it claims and won't let me. I planned to personalize the world by adding in the lots and things I wanted. But some areas are unroutable. they would not need to have anything on them but what you are using to simulate a boat landing. but i just wanted something I could stick a subway station rug on to simulate boat travel between locations it would make sense. (well that is as clear as mud. I would fix it but every time i try i just make it worse... must be bed time )

So my plan for tomorrow is to uninstall and reinstall then next week start on the Monastery lots I have not done anything with yet. IF they have not figured out the CAW update by then or a work around after i have those lots finished, then I will redo the other lots.

UNLESS you think the 1.42 CAW is getting close enough to getting figured out you would have me put it off. And us the time working on lots in 1.42
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 6:34 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:39 AM.
These boat docks are actually objects, which is the reason why you can't route onto them. You also can't place lots onto water- anyhoo, I've removed the dock, so that sims can more easily fish and swim.

As for 1.42, there's still no clear solution to the lot issue, so here's a plan:

1. You and hopefully silverwyd revert to 1.38 and help build a number of lots. I will try to finish work on weather and .ini settings, as well as the spawners. Lots are checked and placed.

3. Rian90 builds her lots, lots are checked and exported. The unfinished shells in the 1.36 game are either cleaned up to a furnishable state, or cleared out.

3. World is reviewed and exported. The download will come in two zips- the main world download and Rian's furnished lots + Seasons lots.

This way, the only lots that need to be placed are hers and the three Seasons lots (Tournament Grounds and Main Square).

Here's two quick snaps of some quick detail work I managed to squeeze in. Most important one is the gatehouse- it'll help better define the Cathedral + Hospital + Bishop's Residence grounds. Some houses around town were also given some extra floors to emphasize that crowded medieval feeling.

Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:58 PM
Default Medieval Clothing Re-categorized as Outerwear
Quote: Originally posted by MichelleBrujah
Now, as I was asked, links to the Sims medieval conversiones.

Sims Medieval clothing (merged package files)
http://www.4shared.com/rar/t4ChX1Zr...M-CAS-9711.html
http://www.4shared.com/archive/h3eS...orTS3_CAS2.html

I made these for my game and thought I would share for others to use. I re-categorized the clothing in the two TSM to TS3 CAS files Michelle shared to include the "outerwear" tag. (If she's cool with me uploading them, if not I'll take them back down.)

TSM for TS3 clothing re-categorized to include Outerwear tag:
http://www.mediafire.com/?020b6ljfckqupy2
http://www.mediafire.com/?4alpiy91attokk9

I've also re-categorized a bunch of other medieval clothes, mostly to include outerwear and career tags, and in a few cases athletic and swim as well. I'll have to go and check the creator cc rules before sharing them, but if people are interested I can look into it.
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 9:12 PM
I'm that cool with it that I am downloading these right now with my greedy busy paws. I haven't been here lately although I promised to help, but life is a b**** and I have two jobs at the same time right now (oh my, why can't I be a sim and live of... nothing instead of needing money). I will try to squeeze some time though.

The files are not mine but from Cocomama's at MATY, she converted them and shared them. I just posted the links here for easy access..
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 1:17 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:02 AM. Reason: added link to new post
These boat docks are actually objects, which is the reason why you can't route onto them. You also can't place lots onto water- anyhoo, I've removed the dock, so that sims can more easily fish and swim.

I knew the boat docks were an object which is why I thought it would be just as easy to place it on a lot and then those who wanted could build something to replace it that could be used with a sub way or the new teleaport boxes to mimic boat travel between locations along the water. What I didn't know was that lots could not be place partially on the water, as I really thought I had played some worlds that had done this... granted sims would walk under the water if if you let them so maybe not the best plan.

Anyway and more interesting to you I am now patched to 1.36 and all is working so will get building and open a new build thread. After reading guidelines to make sure I do it right.

link to new thread on monastery lots http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4020595 and now with actual photos back to the salt mines
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:34 AM
Updated world file with more finished areas and nifty new weather files! Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress, so there'll be kinks to iron out.

- More realistic water color
- Darker, bluer shadows, brighter highlights!
- Slightly desaturated nights
- Sky-horizon colors still need to be worked out to avoid the pesky land-is-brighter-than-sky issue
- Weather needs to be further tweaked
- Work on balancing darkness and brightness, as CAW shots are much different than in-game shots
- Even warmer tones? Even more washed-out bright areas?
- Fog in CAW is different than in-game fog
- Ways to further distort water reflections? Get additional atmospheric bloom?
- Addressing the annoying shadow fade-out

Also, the CC file has been updated with the additon of some tapestries, chests and a texture.

Get it here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1228013173/Praaven.rar
https://rapidshare.com/files/1449348072/CC.rar

Timelapse

City Views (12:00pm or so)

Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:06 PM
Updated world file with more finished areas and nifty new weather files! Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress, so there'll be kinks to iron out.

I'm wondering if this version has spawners added, like the seed and gem spawners specifically...?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:21 AM
No spawners until all houses are done!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:15 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:18 PM. Reason: crashing stopped for now
Update: Seems to have been the new CC. With it out I have not crashed in over 1hr. Most likely was incompatible camera modes I put in to try to get better pics... but I also took out the new cc you added to list.

So maybe I can make some real progress tomorrow.

my husband has a different theory something about having 10 website open doing research on monasteries, while having 2 photo editing programs open to edit photos, and my photobucket acct and sims
--------------------------

I am now having a crash issue I have to track down.

Blue screen of death . It is windows that is closing when i am playing, not just sims. My computer goes to the blue screen and says windows is shutting down then restarting. No crash log in Sims. I have some ideas to check out... but it is slowing me down. Was not doing this with the 1.42 patch level. So I either missed something on the reinstall, or it is the CC I added today. It is not crashing when I am not playing sims... so i think it has to be sims... But then when am I NOT playing sims
is LAA still an issue. I thought EA finally fixed that in later patches. off to go look.. because one of the messages is Window is shutting down to protect data....blah blah blah

anyway that is just to let you know what is slowing me down... any ideas or help appreciated so I can get back to building.. but not expected

oh there are couple of basic pics of where I am headed in laying out the Novice quarter... but got stop up with this... so not much to see yet
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:20 PM
Amazing! I just downloaded and will play when I can. I can't build/decorate because I have Seasons...I bet it will look awesome with weather, though. I have a few questions before I dump it into my game though.

What does this use from Ambitions? Consignment stores? Will this work without Amb? (As you may have guessed I don't have Ambitions)
Do I need any store sets for this to work?
Has this crashed anyone's game? (A lot of sims3pack worlds crash my game (when it is loading the world for the first time) , but the only ones that do are downloaded from the Exchange)

Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lowrisim
Update: Seems to have been the new CC. With it out I have not crashed in over 1hr. Most likely was incompatible camera modes I put in to try to get better pics... but I also took out the new cc you added to list.

--------------------------

I am now having a crash issue I have to track down.

Oh no

The Tapestries and chests must have not been updated in a long time! The brick texture should be fine though.

Quote: Originally posted by lilibug1
Amazing! I just downloaded and will play when I can. I can't build/decorate because I have Seasons...I bet it will look awesome with weather, though. I have a few questions before I dump it into my game though.

What does this use from Ambitions? Consignment stores? Will this work without Amb? (As you may have guessed I don't have Ambitions)
Do I need any store sets for this to work?
Has this crashed anyone's game? (A lot of sims3pack worlds crash my game (when it is loading the world for the first time) , but the only ones that do are downloaded from the Exchange)

Thank you.

Thanks! Please test it out and look for any glitches and problems! There have been a few where horses and wildlife have gotten stuck in routable spots. Unfortunately, this world uses the consignment egisters from Ambitions, as well as the trash piles and swamp grasses (the fireflies wouldn't look as nice without them!).

As for the crashing issue, it hasn't crashed mine yet, but there are currently issues with custom worlds post 1.42, this is a 1.36 world though. Also, please use discretion when downloading anything off of the exchange that doesn't have all Store items and non-dodgy CC clearly labelled- you never know what Exchange-Transmitted-Diseases your game can catch!
Test Subject
#93 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 3:23 AM
Thanks! Please test it out and look for any glitches and problems! There have been a few where horses and wildlife have gotten stuck in routable spots. Unfortunately, this world uses the consignment egisters from Ambitions, as well as the trash piles and swamp grasses (the fireflies wouldn't look as nice without them!).

As for the crashing issue, it hasn't crashed mine yet, but there are currently issues with custom worlds post 1.42, this is a 1.36 world though. Also, please use discretion when downloading anything off of the exchange that doesn't have all Store items and non-dodgy CC clearly labelled- you never know what Exchange-Transmitted-Diseases your game can catch!

I've been playing this world for probably a week now with no problems. I've got every expansion and stuff pack (minus the katy perry one) and updated to 1.42.

It does look absolutely fantastic with seasons! I've shown the world to several people that have no interest in the sims just because it is that good looking! :lovestruc
I should take a pic of my sim galloping across one of the meadows during a rainshower...magic

At some point in the next few days I'll switch over to the new version that was just released along with the new cc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 3:33 AM
Please do take some pictures, especially with the new weather effects! I need to know how well the new .inis work with the weather!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:48 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 4th Dec 2012 at 5:37 AM.
It is still crashing but less, and i didn't put the CC back in. So don't worry about it. unless someone else gets crashing. At least now it is sims that is stopping working and not windows, so had crash logs too and the analyzer said patch to 1.42. So probably something didn't patch up just right with manually patching to a lower level. will get fixed when i go back to 1.42 most likely.

In better news I am done with the NQ the pics are up http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post4022096 ready for you to give your three cents. edit: this was before I saw your post... I was busy moving doors

I am going to move on the the brewery next. need something totally diff. so you can tell me in that thread what to be sure to include. I was reading a post on making it a working nectary. is that what you are after? I will put question in that thread
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:34 PM
Ok! I will dump it in my game and start playing when I have time.

I see you are using the rabbit hole rugs (I looked at the cc list, I don't actually have the world installed yet. :P) It's just a suggestion, but what about MajikGoldy's medieval rabbit hole replacements? http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb.../category/sims3

Also are any of the homes furnished, or are some of them unfurnished? Also, I think this has something to do with MasterController's blacklisting which I have never been able to figure out, but how do I stop npcs and townies from wearing modern clothing? Also, since there are no roads there should be no ice cream truck or taxis or police cars, right? And is there a school?

Thank you again.
Test Subject
#97 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:46 PM Last edited by the.sleeper : 4th Dec 2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: grammar and clarification
I'm actually having some trouble installing the new version of the world. If anyone point me to a thread or guide on the issue I would really appreciate it!

Note: is it just that I need to uninstall the old version first?
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by the.sleeper
I'm actually having some trouble installing the new version of the world. If anyone point me to a thread or guide on the issue I would really appreciate it!

Note: is it just that I need to uninstall the old version first?

Probably...try uninstalling the old version and then installing the new version. And what exactly do you mean by "trouble"?
Field Researcher
#99 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 1:09 AM
Hi - I haven't checked on this thread in awhile. I posted a couple months ago, and just got to thinking about Praaven again when I watched the dev videos for the new EA world releasing in a couple of days (Monte Vista). They've created a nice looking hilltop walled-in city reminiscent of old world style, but not quite as old as Praaven! (I prefer yours) ... I had to come and see how you were doing on Praaven and it looks fabulous all the changes you've made!! I have the previous version and played it for quite awhile in its as-is state then and liked it a lot and in playtesting about 3 sim weeks worth of time, it did not crash or have any major pathing issues that I noticed - though I was playing with a very small controlled population of less than 20 sim residents.

I was wondering if you had gotten it to work with the post 1.42 patch updates for Seasons and it looks like its working mostly, yes?

I'd like to delete the old version and update with this new one and play-test but I want to be sure you've got it in a testing state you'd like for the average play-tester like myself. I love to decorate but I have such massive amounts of non MTS CC (like all of the sims medieval conversions) it would be tough not to decorate with them in my finished product.

Again, I would like to thank you sincerely for this effort. This is by far the best medieval player made world I have seen so far and I appreciate you're not modernizing it. While I can see that appeal too (an older city in modern times for tourism) - I much prefer it as is, with no cars or modern stuff. Also, kudos for your testing and QA sidekicks who are helping you. This is a big undertaking and I appreciate all your hard work and promise to love this world for a long time to come when you have it finished!

:lovestruc

Twist of Fate - My Random Legacy Challenge
Test Subject
#100 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:22 AM
I would seriously love to help in any way that I could, and would gladly play test with seasons. Unfortunately, I'm on a mac, and if you haven't heard, seasons basically ceases any of the sim's functionality on mac. I get about 4-5 minutes of playtime before it crashes to desktop. When and if EA releases the new patch to put a stop to this crap, I would gladly playtest on the new version, should you need another. If there are any lots that are still in need of furnishing and/or building at that point I'll throw my hat in as well.

Keep the astounding work up, this is exactly what I and I'm sure a lot more people have been looking for.
Page 4 of 23