Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 5:07 PM
Default SimPE Tutorial
Is there a tutorial for SimPE anywhere?

OMG! A Llama >>>>
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 5:09 PM
... to do WHAT in SimPE? There's a SimPE from the Ground Up manual linked in the sticky in the Create - Sims 2 Tools - SimPE forum, but otherwise, you look for specific tutorials on what you want to do with it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... to do WHAT in SimPE? There's a SimPE from the Ground Up manual linked in the sticky in the Create - Sims 2 Tools - SimPE forum, but otherwise, you look for specific tutorials on what you want to do with it.

Wow. What kind of answer is that?
I know this thread is old.... well ancient but since I started playing this game again I thought I'd try to learn how to use that ridiculous program SimPe. It's is not exactly a simple thing to use now is it. I believe you almost have to be a programmer to figure it out.
It's reputed to do all this and all that but trying to figure out how to do ANYTHING at all is a chore in itself. I give up on the damn thing the first time I used it and resorted to other programs.
I wish you hadn't been so snide and just answered without trying to make us non-programmers feel like idiots. And the Grounds up tutorial link. Which I'm going to now.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:09 AM
Hi, I found this question from a Google search. I am also trying to figure out how to learn how to use SimPE. I am not a programmer either but I would like to learn some basic bits and such. Any help would be much appreciated
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:28 AM
As was said before what exactly do you want to do? That is not a snide question. Do you want to recolour? Extract sims? Fix the price on a CC wage? Clean a lot of sim refrences? Fix a sims borked genetics? Somethign esle? What you can do in there is as varied as the game. Also you do not have to be a programmer to use it. What you can do in there ranges from the simple to the complex so by posting more specifically in what you are interested in will help others to help you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 7:24 AM
I want to change the order that my sims appear on the left side of the game screen, as I've recently added new household members. The order has been bothering me since my Sims finished college and were rearranged, but now it's worse. Is that something I can do with SimPe?

YES - I have googled it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 3:15 PM
Pretty sure you can't. As far as I know, they're sorted by age, possibly also birthing/aging-up order or similar for sims who are equally old or have been added to the family.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sliadonii
I want to change the order that my sims appear on the left side of the game screen, as I've recently added new household members. The order has been bothering me since my Sims finished college and were rearranged, but now it's worse. Is that something I can do with SimPe?

YES - I have googled it.

@sliadonii
You can change the age of the sims but you don't need SimPE for that. Insiminator is very easy and safe to use for that.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
@sliadonii
You can change the age of the sims but you don't need SimPE for that. Insiminator is very easy and safe to use for that.

No offense, but I can change the age with boolprop. I can also change their names with boolprop, and if all sims are the same age, they appear on the left side alphabetically... However, I'm not interested in aging or renaming any of my family. That being said, is there any way to rearrange them with Insim otherwise? If not, is there a way anyone knows of to rearrange with SimPe? If not, is there potentially another mod out there that would allow for such an adjustment?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if I'm a pain in the ass.
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:31 AM
No, that is a function of the UI and you're never going to be able to change it. Sims are listed in order of age, changing how many days a sim has left in the current age is the way to re-order them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:57 AM
You can't change the UI, that is hard coded.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~