Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop loading with a whitescreen, nothing else.
Hi all.
This is my first time posting to the help threads, and if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.
Some background info:
I am playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
I have Windows 10 Home
Processor is Intel Core i7-6700HQ. CPU is 2.60GHz
RAM is 16 GB (15.8 usable)
My problem is: I open Bodyshop up (not using a shortcut, from the C:/Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSBin) and it gives me the loading blue circle for a while, and then nothing. Just my mouse and a completely white screen. It won't close when I hit the "X" but it will minimize, which makes the bodyshop screen go blue. I have to force-quit.
Things I have tried:
-Leaving it open and waiting (Upwards of an hour)
-Rebooting my laptop
-Deleting my cache files
-Removing my downloads folder
-Removing my SavedSims folder
-Removing my Neighborhoods folder
-"Repairing" the game in origin
-Uninstalling/reinstalling the game (sort of my last ditch effort before posting here, I realize it probably was unnecessary)
Is there anything else I can try? I'm sort of at the end of my rope I love creating Sims.
Let me know if you need anymore info.
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:22 PM
Fun with Pets is meant to be the correct one I think though you could try running the one in M&G and seeing if that works. Remember to delete the cache files again when you do.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:41 PM
Have you tried running it in compability mode?
* Right.-click the icon (or the shortcut).
* Choose "Properties" and go to the "compability" tab.
* Tick the "Run this program in compability mode for..."
* First try "Windows XP service pack 3" - that's the one I have, and it works fine for Win7 (but Win10 might require a different setting)
* Close down the box and try running Bodyshop
- If that does not work, try the other options one at a time.

You can also try to tick the box that says "Run this program as administrator".

(Take out all your CC while doing this, for faster loading of Bodyshop. Also delete the cache files between each try).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried running it in compability mode?
* Right.-click the icon (or the shortcut).
* Choose "Properties" and go to the "compability" tab.
* Tick the "Run this program in compability mode for..."
* First try "Windows XP service pack 3" - that's the one I have, and it works fine for Win7 (but Win10 might require a different setting)
* Close down the box and try running Bodyshop
- If that does not work, try the other options one at a time.

You can also try to tick the box that says "Run this program as administrator".

(Take out all your CC while doing this, for faster loading of Bodyshop. Also delete the cache files between each try).

Thank you for your response. I tried all of the compatibility options, all with the same result. It acts like it's loading for a brief second, and then nothing. I've tried giving it lots of time, and my downloads folder has been removed, but nothing seems to be working. I'm not even sure what would cause this type of issue. It ran just fine before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Fun with Pets is meant to be the correct one I think though you could try running the one in M&G and seeing if that works. Remember to delete the cache files again when you do.

To my knowledge, that's the only Bodyshop available in UC and the one I've been using. Are there others? I've only found the one.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolpengi10
To my knowledge, that's the only Bodyshop available in UC and the one I've been using. Are there others? I've only found the one.

I can't tell you that sorry - I don't use UC. It's just that UC is meant to be everything to M&G - but if there's no separate folder then I think that's not going to help.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 6:31 AM
Update: I don't even know why I've become so hyper-focused on this problem, but I have. For now, I'm just gonna hope it resolves itself or someone will come along with a solution I haven't yet tried. At least I can still play the game. *knock on wood*
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:27 AM
I do not use UC either...but I use the BodyShop from AL, not M&G.
Not sure how helpful that is for you...especially, if you found no other BodyShop than the one in Fun with pets.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:22 AM
Update: I fixed it!! It was a graphics issue. I made a YT video of my issue here and someone who's much smarter than me figured out the solution!!! I had to tweak my graphics settings. The comments read as such, in case you don't wanna click the link.

Bruna Lourencini commented on your video,
"Hey, I'm here with good news.
I've fixed my TS2 Body Shop, but I've just noticed that you have a Nvidia graphics card. I have an AMD one, so I can tell you what I've done and you can try to reply it according to your graphics card settings, 'cause unfortunately I have no idea what are your settings like.
Anyway, in AMD control panel there's an option (under the "switchable graphics cards" section, by the way) which allows to assign the "high performance" processor or the "energy saving" one to each program, based on your needs. So I've chose to TS2 BS the "energy saving" one, just to do a silly test, but it has strangely worked. I hope you have something like that in your settings and if you need some help or more info, I'm here.

P.S. Sorry for my english, but today I'm a little bit torpid. :'D"

I tweaked the solution a bit to work with my Nvidia card, and it went as follows,
"For NVidia, I changed these settings: Right click desktop-- Nividia Control Panel -- Manage 3D settings-- Program settings-- "Add program" -- Bodyshop -- Use integrated graphics and then just for good measure I checked on my Intel Control panel too, by right clicking on desktop-- Intel Graphics settings-- Power--Maximum performance when plugged in"

Ultimately, I'm guessing the whitescreen=conflicts with graphics cards? I hope this helps someone who has the same problem. Sorry for the late reply. Have a good day, guys!